Pump the breaks on DK Metcalf

Let’s take DK #4 overall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes I’m drunk at a Big West basketball tournament so I dont know
    What im talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Let’s take DK #4 overall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes I’m drunk at a Big West basketball tournament so I dont know
    What im talking about
    Would Megatron let ANYONE do THAT to him???

Quote Originally Posted by APROVO View Post
    Would Megatron let ANYONE do THAT to him???
    Lane kiffin wanted megatron!!!! Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Lane kiffin wanted megatron!!!! Sad
    lane kiffin was 100% right,al davis was not !!!
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 03-15-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Al Davis and just about EVERY draft GURU including our new GM so don't blame this on Al, he was in a tough position, we desperately needed a QB and almost pulled off a trade with atlanta that would have brought over Matt Schaubb and their pick for the #1 overall pick and the deal fell threw at least that's how i recall it.

Mike Mayock on JR:

"This year, I can't get over how good and talented JaMarcus Russell is. It just blew me away. If I had the first, second, third, fourth, fifth pick in that draft, I would be tearing apart his personal life trying to figure out whether or not I could trust this kid with $10-million ... From a physical skill set perspective, I've never seen a college quarterback with more ability than Russell. You put the tape on and it's frightening. The only thing that's going to keep [Russell] from being great is him. What it comes down to is you've got to figure out whether or not this kid wants to be the best quarterback in football. If he wants to be the best quarterback in football, he can be." -- NFL Network's Mike Mayock

with all the question marks you still take him #1 overall? Only 1 man did the pickin.....think about it

DK Metcalf in the 1st round? Hell no. Later in the draft? Sure. Is he going to be there later in the draft? Hell no.

Dude has awful agility which leads me to believe he'll never be a good route runner. He'll be lucky to be as good as Cordarelle Patterson, imo. Another dummy who can't run a route but he sure as hell can run like a lightning bolt in a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    with all the question marks you still take him #1 overall? Only 1 man did the pickin.....think about it
    It wasn't a difficult decision. Russell's game tape was great. I watched him for 3 years at LSU and thought he was one of the best college QB's i've seen in a long time. He had 7/8 game winning drives in the final 2 minutes. His first game he ever played he came off the bench, late 3rd quarter down by 9. Leads to scoring drives with 1:20 to go, Throws a 38 year TD and runs in a 2 point conversion to tie it up. Wins it in overtime. The issue on why he didn't succeed was the team structure. Coaching changes, no accountability, lack of talent surrounding him. It's how most young QB fail.
    Last edited by psly2124; 03-16-2019 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakr8der View Post
    Al Davis and just about EVERY draft GURU including our new GM so don't blame this on Al, he was in a tough position, we desperately needed a QB and almost pulled off a trade with atlanta that would have brought over Matt Schaubb and their pick for the #1 overall pick and the deal fell threw at least that's how i recall it.

Mike Mayock on JR:

"This year, I can't get over how good and talented JaMarcus Russell is. It just blew me away. If I had the first, second, third, fourth, fifth pick in that draft, I would be tearing apart his personal life trying to figure out whether or not I could trust this kid with $10-million ... From a physical skill set perspective, I've never seen a college quarterback with more ability than Russell. You put the tape on and it's frightening. The only thing that's going to keep [Russell] from being great is him. What it comes down to is you've got to figure out whether or not this kid wants to be the best quarterback in football. If he wants to be the best quarterback in football, he can be." -- NFL Network's Mike Mayock
    Mike was dead on with his evaluation. JR was an athletic freak of a QB but only cared about one thing after getting paid..... himself. Too bad we didn't figure that out before we chose him. I'm thankful we have a guy like Mike that knows to look at all sides of a player and not get enamored over talent only.
    Last edited by srfndoc; 03-16-2019 at 05:07 AM.