Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giants and Raiders

Josh Allen and Khalil Mack are a lot alike. Both 2 star recruits and have a lot of people to prove wrong. Both have a chip on their shoulders. I don't believe Allen is nearly as strong as Mack was when he came out but I'm only going off of what I saw of him on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Josh Allen and Khalil Mack are a lot alike. Both 2 star recruits and have a lot of people to prove wrong. Both have a chip on their shoulders. I don't believe Allen is nearly as strong as Mack was when he came out but I'm only going off of what I saw of him on the field.
    It's not even close. It's like comparing Tom Brady to Bobby Hoying because they both played in the Big 10. Josh Allen has one move and if he gets engaged the play os over. Mack was extremely violent with a few moves. Josh Allens ceiling is Anthony Barr. I don't think he will be as good as Barr. But both will play the same position in the NFL. So numbers wise it's what you will get...at his best.

I actually like the OBJ trade for the Giants.
    They were going nowhere. Zero reason to have an expensive WR on the roster.

They drafted Barkley because they thought they could be a playoff team. They misjudged their roster and it’s time to rebuild.

Now it’s time to draft your QB, keep Eli around so the kid has a vet mentor for year.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    It's not even close. It's like comparing Tom Brady to Bobby Hoying because they both played in the Big 10. Josh Allen has one move and if he gets engaged the play os over. Mack was extremely violent with a few moves. Josh Allens ceiling is Anthony Barr. I don't think he will be as good as Barr. But both will play the same position in the NFL. So numbers wise it's what you will get...at his best.
    It’s crazy that Allen said one of his idols is Mack. You would think Allen would use his hands more like Mack.
    Then at the combine his hands measured small. Aaaahhhhh so it makes sense, he doesn’t use his hands because he’s got little small baby man hands.

The more I hear about him the less I like. Though another report said he’s just scratching the surface of what he can become. So who the hell knows! Lol

Actually the Giants were the highest scoring team in the NFC East. Eli almost go killed because of his O line early in the season. Their defense coughed up games late. Kind of reminds me of the Raiders. Still the giants should of drafted a QB and moved on from Eli. For some reason they can't let go of the past.

I so hope we go super heavy defense in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    It’s crazy that Allen said one of his idols is Mack. You would think Allen would use his hands more like Mack.
    Then at the combine his hands measured small. Aaaahhhhh so it makes sense, he doesn’t use his hands because he’s got little small baby man hands.

The more I hear about him the less I like. Though another report said he’s just scratching the surface of what he can become. So who the hell knows! Lol
    I don't believe Mack was using his hands as often until his 2nd year in the league. That's when we saw more and more highlights of him pushing OTs off their blocks with just one arm type of things to create leverage so he can swim inside of the block. Allen is definitely more rough as a prospect compared to Mack coming out but the potential is there to be an effective pass rusher. Being as good as Mack, well nobody knows that, but it's easier to predict that it's unlikely he reaches that level just based on odds.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    anthony barr is a 4time pro bowler pretty damn good,bobby hoying not good

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    anthony barr is a 4time pro bowler pretty damn good,bobby hoying not good
    Anthony Barr is a good payer. I don't think Allen will be as good as him. He also came out as a 3-4 OLB and Vikings played him at 4-3 Strong Side LB. He not putting up the sack number Raider fans think he going to in that position. Thats why I was using him as the comp. A lot of fans on this board seem to believe that because Mack did it that Allen will turn into Mack. Not the case. Barr couldn't play DE and neither can Allen. You can't draft a Sam LB at 4. It's terrible value and one of the least valued position on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders4evr View Post
    The Giants traded Odell and received a 1st round pick as part of their compensation. I think it would be smart for the Raiders to Trade out of the 4th pick with the Giants and get their other later 1st round pick they received from the Browns. The Giants want one of the two top QB's in this draft, at least need one of them in the worst way. The Raiders would then have another 1st round pick- giving them
    Round 1 pick 6
    Round 1 Pick 17
    Round 1 Pick 24
    Round 1 Pick 27
    Round 2 pick 35

If the Giants pass on such a trade, they will miss out on one of the two top QB's in this draft, both of which will be perfect for them over keeping Manning for another year. Fact is, the Giants showed their cards by letting Odell go, making the statement that they are rebuilding and Manning is NOT going to be part of the rebuild. So I'd love to get another 1st, but its highly unlikeley we get both of their 1st round picks to move up 2 spots. If their QB is available at 4th pick i think the most they would add is their 2nd. and Id take that in a heart beat... I'd also offer them Carr for their 17th overall 1st rounder they just got for OBJ

YOUR THOUGHTS???
    going up from Giants pick to our 4th pick is only 200 points on the draft value chart which equals a mid 3rd rounder. You guys always think your going to get an extra first rounder, and thats not likely... This is why so many complained about Reggies trades in the draft, but actually teams usually stick fairly close to the draft value points.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    going up from Giants pick to our 4th pick is only 200 points on the draft value chart which equals a mid 3rd rounder. You guys always think your going to get an extra first rounder, and thats not likely... This is why so many complained about Reggies trades in the draft, but actually teams usually stick fairly close to the draft value points.
    i think a 2nd rd pick due to it being a move to get a premium position is due able plus i think we could see 3-4 teams trying to move up for a qb cincy,denver,miami,washington