Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you think the Raiders have done so far in FA?

How do you think the Raiders have done so far in FA?

So far I think they get an A, not only with who they picked up, but how they've saved money. Still think the draft is going to have to go really well to tie it all together.

I think they're doing a great job. The money seems high on most of the contracts but when you look at the break downs you realize how intelligently they're structured to protect the team. It also allows the players who produce to earn it too. I think it's good for both and that makes the relationship between the players and the team stay healthy unlike what the Steelers do to their players.

I agree, this has been an excellent off-season. The draft is still the pivotal point for us to determine just how on the right track we are. They HAVE to buck the norm and actually hit on these picks, can't settle for average success rates, need to knock them out of the park.

I’m damn happy to see how well they have done this FA period. I think they addressed holes and did so with some really solid players. I heard Tedy Bruschi saying how terrible they’ve done and how big of a mistake it was to go get AB. He said AB will destroy the team. I don’t agree. I completely changed my tune on AB watching his actions upon arrival in Oakland. I think I was dead wrong about him.

^Yeah right AB will destroy a team that went 6-10 and 4-12 the last 2 years. Are you kidding me.

B. They overpaid for Williams and Joyner. Ha ha signed a contract 1/3.5. Is Joyner 38 million better. Nope. I'm not sold on Williams. This is where the good deals are made

im giving them an A+ we had the worst wr crew of any team in the league,now its a strength,we had the worst tackles in the n.f.l,now were better with options and combinations to get better,we needed to allow karl joseph to be the heat seeking missile only,we did by signing one of the best covering safties in the league on joyner,now off to the draft where we have 4 of the top 35 picks to fill in on defense mostly

The contracts for T.Brown/Joyner are on the mid-high side but team friendly in terms. We're paying the same per year for AB that Sammy Watkins is getting paid so I'm good with that.

I think some feel T.Brown is a one year wonder due to his coach (Scarnechia) so we need to see him play at a high level this year.

Given the free agent acquisitions or lack thereof in the linebacker category....possibility we go with more of a nickel package to start games, with Erik Harris as the 3rd LB? Rather then a base 4-3-4, we go with a 4-2-5? On first down/run downs, we got Harris in the box with Joyner/Joseph playing high, on pass downs, Harris moves into a traditional safety role and Joyner comes to the line to go man to man in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    B. They overpaid for Williams and Joyner. Ha ha signed a contract 1/3.5. Is Joyner 38 million better. Nope. I'm not sold on Williams. This is where the good deals are made
    Now compare Joyners contract to Collins.