Thread: #81 Would have been cool..

#81 Would have been cool..

Antonio Could have gone with #81. I think that would have been cool. Could wear the #81 Brown jersey and have paid tribute and current at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by nitroraider View Post
    Antonio Could have gone with #81. I think that would have been cool. Could wear the #81 Brown jersey and have paid tribute and current at the same time!
    That indeed would have been cool, but raiders want him to wear his 84 so they can make some MONEY off him

Are you serious with this??? Can you be more cheesy?? AB has done enough in this league to do whatever he wants as far as his number is concerned.

I dont know how many times I said to myself "Antonio Brown is pound for pound the best player in the NFL" OR "I wish Amari would have the same desire to be great AB does" OR "If we werent so obsessed with QBs Antonio Brown would be considered the best player in the NFL". He is #84 to me.
    Last edited by fad; 03-14-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    Are you serious with this??? Can you be more cheesy?? AB has done enough in this league to do whatever he wants as far as his number is concerned.

I dont know how many times I said to myself "Antonio Brown is pound for pound the best player in the NFL" OR "I wish Amari would have the same desire to be great AB does" OR "If we werent so obsessed with QBs Antonio Brown would be considered the best player in the NFL". He is #84 to me.
    Just sayin' it would have been cool to see #81 Brown on the field catchin' TD's again. Shit man... no need to get bitchy about it.

Plus..#81 TIM Brown already has his gold jacket...

That's why AL never wanted to retire #'s. So you would see a player on the field with that # and remember the greats.
    Last edited by nitroraider; 03-14-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Dude point is Antonio Brown has his own legacy, will make his own legend as a Raider. He cant be trying to write the narrative he is the new Tim Brown. That I think wouod be out of line . TB spent almost all his career a Raider, played in 2 cities for the club, was called Mr Raider, etc.

Dude point is Antonio Brown has his own legacy, will make his own legend as a Raider. He cant be trying to write the narrative he is the new Tim Brown. That I think wouod be out of line . TB spent almost all his career a Raider, played in 2 cities for the club, was called Mr Raider, etc.
    All cool bro,

I remember when Tim was drafted and was a wicked punt returner as well as receiver... Showin' my age. lol. #81 will always be Brown. One of the many Raider greats.

Spot on! I honestly don't know how many people on this board are old enough to remember Tim Brown in his prime but he certainly was not on the same level as AB. I don't like to slight TB, i loved him as a Raider but i'm sorry AB as you note will create his own legacy as a Raider and it should be wearing #84.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakr8der View Post
    Spot on! I honestly don't know how many people on this board are old enough to remember Tim Brown in his prime but he certainly was not on the same level as AB. I don't like to slight TB, i loved him as a Raider but i'm sorry AB as you note will create his own legacy as a Raider and it should be wearing #84.
    i was there and i can say with certainty tb was not close to ab as a wr

One thing you gotta remember is
    that Antonio Brown has a future HOF
    QB throwing to him; where Tim Brown
    must have had about at least 10
    different QB or more throwing the ball to
    him in his career

^ Antonio Brown is #84. It's not about Raiders numbers, it's about the player.