Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raiders release Jordy Nelson

Raiders release Jordy Nelson

Per Gehlken: More cash cleared: Raiders release WR Jordy Nelson, source confirms. He was due a $3M salary, up to $500,000 in roster bonus and a $100,000 workout bonus this year.

Now explain why when they already paid his bonus?

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/201...teran-players/
    Last edited by srfndoc; 03-14-2019 at 11:13 AM.

I don’t get this move unless it’s freeing up some more money....looks like we’re targeting someone still in FA

Maybe we’re making an attempt to resign Cook?

Not sure why Gruden decided to pay out Nelson's 2019 roster bonus back in December, he could have waited until the pay out date of this Friday to pay the bonus. Now he's lost 3.6 million of cap space for this year, as the roster bonus hit half in 2018(rollover) and half in 2019's caps. Dumb move Gruden....same with trading a 5th for McCarron...stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    I don’t get this move unless it’s freeing up some more money....looks like we’re targeting someone still in FA
    Hope so, him and McCarron knocks 8 million off the cap. RB, TE, DE, LB are still needed on the frontlines.

I agree that this is puzzling. I think Jordy could be serviceable this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    He's not a 1 nor 2, probably a 3 at this stage of his career. You have Brown whom you can lineup any where on the field....now is Jordy > Seth? We save 3.5 million by cutting Jordy, Seth counts 4.6 million.......

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Not sure why Gruden decided to pay out Nelson's 2019 roster bonus back in December, he could have waited until the pay out date of this Friday to pay the bonus. Now he's lost 3.6 million of cap space for this year, as the roster bonus hit half in 2018(rollover) and half in 2019's caps. Dumb move Gruden....same with trading a 5th for McCarron...stupid.
    this is why mayock was brought in jon had too much on the plate,so glad mayock is here and kicking ass

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    problem was jordy nelson doesn't fit as a slot guy,lacks quick twitch which is needed to shack coverage and not get killed crossing safeties and lb's

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    He's not a 1 nor 2, probably a 3 at this stage of his career. You have Brown whom you can lineup any where on the field....now is Jordy > Seth? We save 3.5 million by cutting Jordy, Seth counts 4.6 million.......
    get rid of em both,draft andy isabella and watch him put up crazy rec numbers