Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raiders release AJ McCarron

Everyone blames Gruden. How does that move not scream Reggie. Traded draft picks for Schaub and Flynn. Then cuts both of them. Gruden probably told Reggie to get a QB. And Reggie gives up a fifth for it. Typical Reggie move

According to the Athletic—

“...~$71 million starting salary cap space – $15.25 million Trent Brown cap hit – $9.05 Joyner cap hit – estimated $17.3 million Antonio Brown cap hit – estimated $11 million Williams cap hit
    = ~$18 million current 2019 cap space.”

This $18M is projected for the space necessary to sign draft class. Since the Raiders have freed up nearly $8M from unexpectedly cutting Nelson and McCarron, it appears that they are clearing space for another FA. Unless there is some snafu the numbers don’t reveal, expect another available player they’re looking at in FA.

Also interesting to consider that these Raiders may be headed toward drafting a QB to backup Carr. But the fact that the cap clearing came now as opposed to making a move during the draft leads me to still think that Mayock and Gruden found an opp with FA now.
    Last edited by Imasmashu; 03-14-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I'm a AJ fan, but we save $5,000,000 on the cap.
    These cuts must be to sign somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Imasmashu View Post
    According to the Athletic—

“...~$71 million starting salary cap space – $15.25 million Trent Brown cap hit – $9.05 Joyner cap hit – estimated $17.3 million Antonio Brown cap hit – estimated $11 million Williams cap hit
    = ~$18 million current 2019 cap space.”

This $18M is projected for the space necessary to sign draft class. Since the Raiders have freed up nearly $8M from unexpectedly cutting Nelson and McCarron, it appears that they are clearing space for another FA. Unless there is some snafu the numbers don’t reveal, expect another available player they’re looking at in FA.

Also interesting to consider that these Raiders may be headed toward drafting a QB to backup Carr. But the fact that the cap clearing came now as opposed to making a move during the draft leads me to still think that Mayock and Gruden found an opp with FA now.
    our rookie tab is currently 13.8 million,so with the cuts we did today were about 12-13 under the cap with the ability to shave seth's deal (5 million) still,we also have a bunch of te's and fb to cut if necessary as well,justin houston should cost roughly 11 million

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    our rookie tab is currently 13.8 million,so with the cuts we did today were about 12-13 under the cap with the ability to shave seth's deal (5 million) still,we also have a bunch of te's and fb to cut if necessary as well,justin houston should cost roughly 11 million
    Its interesting. Gotta wonder if there is a mid tier to high profile guy on Rosenhaus watch who may have come available.

So does Bortles come cheap as a back up?

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    So does Bortles come cheap as a back up?
    does he want to play in 2019 ???

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Everyone blames Gruden. How does that move not scream Reggie. Traded draft picks for Schaub and Flynn. Then cuts both of them. Gruden probably told Reggie to get a QB. And Reggie gives up a fifth for it. Typical Reggie move
    So the trades and draft picks that worked out are Gruden's moves while the trades and draft picks that didn't work out were Reggie's fault. Gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    So the trades and draft picks that worked out are Gruden's moves while the trades and draft picks that didn't work out were Reggie's fault. Gotta love it.
    it's awesome ain't it. Reggie is gone and we still have this coming up. Honestly, I can't believe people really feel that the GM makes trades and cuts/acquires players all on his own. I'm sure Gruden knew nothing about it, showed up one day and poof. Had to read about on Twitter just like us.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    I don't know who is responsible for what. Everyone blames Gruden for everything like they know. But Brandon Parker is 100% Reggie McKenzie's pick. He said it himself. So the trades of Carson Palmer, Matt Flynn and Matt schaub are who fault? Am I missing something wasn't Reggie McKenzie the GM during the trade? "Imma get that guy" and he did. SO was he lying. And the Raiders didn't draft him.

https://www.raiders.com/video/the-ca...aider-20600717
    Last edited by psly2124; 03-15-2019 at 04:23 AM.