Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Josh Allen

Josh Allen

I just don't think you can take a SAM LB at 4. He isn't a fit on our defense and the Raiders cannot miss on this pick. If we ran a 3-4 defense, he should be the pick over Williams or Bosa(only because of fit). Both are 4-3. One of the biggest reasons 1st round picks bust at the level is they don't fit the scheme.

This is the first game I watched. And first impression, nothing special. He went up against Taylor, who maybe the first OT drafted. Couldn't get past him. He did a little better against Ivey, who is a fringe player a RT. Josh Allen is NOT a DE, he's an Sam LB and a perfect comp to him is Anthony Barr. Now I will load up a couple other games. after I watch them

This game was better, he made a couple plays with a sack. It just seems to me that he is fast. He gets around bad tackles with his speed. He won't be able to get around better tackles at the next level. Again he's not a DE. Big mistake if Raiders take him and expect anything more then Anthony Barr. Sam LB just are not that valuable at this level.

He recovers a couple of fumbles with his speed. That's about it. He was getting blocked by TE's and could not beat them. I'm getting the feeling he is racking up numbers against bad teams. He makes most of his plays when he isn't touched. I put up three ranked teams and came away unimpressed. He has some speed but just isn't strong enough to play DE. When he gets engaged he is neutralized.
    Last edited by psly2124; 03-14-2019 at 06:26 AM.

I have enough confidence in Mayock's and Gruden's football acumen that they would be the first to recognize if Allen or any other high rated draft prospect wouldn't be a good fit (athletically) for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Raider View Post
    I have enough confidence in Mayock's and Gruden's football acumen that they would be the first to recognize if Allen or any other high rated draft prospect wouldn't be a good fit (athletically) for us.
    I have complete confidence that Josh Allen will not be an Oakland Raider. Mayock and Gruden have watched every game he's played in. I've seen three so far. They have to see what I see. THat's he fast, he's a SAM LB, and he has trouble beating blocks. And SAM linebackers are not top 5 picks. After watching this, absolutely no way the Jets pass on Quinnen Williams. The only way Williams fall to the Raiders is if the Jets trade down and the team trading up selects a QB. If someone sees something different then me, please point it out. I'm open minded
    Last edited by psly2124; 03-14-2019 at 06:09 AM.

if Q is gone trade back,get the xtra picks

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    i have complete confidence that josh allen will not be an oakland raider. Mayock and gruden have watched every game he's played in. I've seen three so far. They have to see what i see. That's he fast, he's a sam lb, and he has trouble beating blocks. And sam linebackers are not top 5 picks. After watching this, absolutely no way the jets pass on quinnen williams. The only way williams fall to the raiders is if the jets trade down and the team trading up selects a qb. If someone sees something different then me, please point it out. I'm open minded
    q is the best player in this draft period,better then bosa,better then allen and better then kyler murray,i like devin white but his value is not top 5 more like top 10

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    q is the best player in this draft period,better then bosa,better then allen and better then kyler murray,i like devin white but his value is not top 5 more like top 10

I agree with Q. I just don't think he gets to us. He's too good. 100% I take Devin White over Josh Allen if the pick was between 2 of them. I thought after watching Allen, he would be better and it is a pressing need. I take an easy pass on Allen. I don't think there is any chance Allen gets taken in the top 3. Q and Bosa are the top 2, talent wise, then after that maybe 5 guys are grouped together. They way the draft goes it just depends on team needs on who goes where. Allen could drop out of the top 10, so could Devin White. If Tampa doesn't take White he could fall to Cincy. Same goes for Allen. Don't know what teams run 3-4 but Tampa I think is going to, so he could go 5. If not. Maybe Green Bay.
    Last edited by psly2124; 03-14-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Well, what I am hearing here - is that we should trade down. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    Well, what I am hearing here - is that we should trade down. Hmmm
    It's a very real possibility. I think the Jets want to trade down pretty bad and I think they just want to acquire picks. So a team like the Dolphins,Cincy or the skins would most likely trade up with the Jets for a Qb. So if a QB goes 3. Do we really trade down if Bosa or Q is available? Now if both of them are gone and the Jets don't trade down. Then we should trade down. We need to get back that 2nd next year and a 3rd this year. How far could we trade down? so we could still get White or Sweat. Is 11 too far?

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    It's a very real possibility. I think the Jets want to trade down pretty bad and I think they just want to acquire picks. So a team like the Dolphins,Cincy or the skins would most likely trade up with the Jets for a Qb. So if a QB goes 3. Do we really trade down if Bosa or Q is available? Now if both of them are gone and the Jets don't trade down. Then we should trade down. We need to get back that 2nd next year and a 3rd this year. How far could we trade down? so we could still get White or Sweat. Is 11 too far?
    ive heard cincy was willing to trade up to #4 if haskin was available giving us #11 their 2nd rd pick # 42 and a 3rd # 73 this yr or 2nd rd pick the following yr
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 03-14-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    ive heard cincy was willing to trade up to #4 if haskin was available giving us #11 their 2nd rd pick # 42 and a 3rd # 73 this yr or 2nd rd pick the following yr
    I love the return in picks, but White is gone before 11. I think we end up with Gary, Ferrel from Clemson, Burns, Sweat or Devin Bush who I'm liking more each day. Could see us go DB there as well and get BPA on the D line at 24.

Must go defense with the first pick and one of the later 1st rounders.
    Last edited by rabidraider; 03-14-2019 at 08:25 AM.