Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: tyrell williams added

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Now we don’t need to grab a WR in the top 2 rounds.
    Fill other needs and take a good young WR prospect at the top of the 4th.

Would a premium interior OL be taken in the 2nd now?
    1. LB/DE
    2. DE/LB
    3. DE/TE/LB
    4. TE/OG
    5. OG

First five picks, 1 or 2 LB's, 1 or 2 DE's, 1 TE, 1 OL (to play guard)

1. White
    2. DE
    3. Fant
    4. Bush
    5. OL

At the press Conf Gruden said they keyed in on Williams as their top WR target.
    Also he said they want the best WR core in football.

Maybe a WR will be in play with one of the top 4 picks? The young WR sure would benefit from seeing how Brown approaches the game and how hard he works.

I still think we trade down from 24 or 27. A WR would be perfect with that hypothetical extra pick later in the 2nd or 3rd.

Gehiken/Schefter - 4 year. $44 mil

Don't worry if the horse is blind, just load the wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    At the press Conf Gruden said they keyed in on Williams as their top WR target.
    Also he said they want the best WR core in football.

Maybe a WR will be in play with one of the top 4 picks? The young WR sure would benefit from seeing how Brown approaches the game and how hard he works.

I still think we trade down from 24 or 27. A WR would be perfect with that hypothetical extra pick later in the 2nd or 3rd.
    Would you rather draft a WR with a 2nd round pick so he can learn from AB and be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart? Or draft a DE/LB/TE/OL who would start day 1 because we've got nobody at all?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Would you rather draft a WR with a 2nd round pick so he can learn from AB and be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart? Or draft a DE/LB/TE/OL who would start day 1 because we've got nobody at all?
    We need a true slot. Cole Beasley wouldve been ideal. But that ship sailed. I think a slot in the draft would be ideal. Possibly with our 2nd rd pick. All 3 1st rounders should be defense unless we go D with 1st 2 picks (assuming we get a pass rusher in FA), and one of the two top TEs with the 3rd 1st rounder (if we lose Cook which we will prob do)

i keep hearing that mayock and gruden love andy isabella,im not opposed to taking him with our 2nd rd pick this kid is electric and can play outside or slot running with jets 4.31 40 imagine this kid in the slot getting covered by nickel cb/safety or even worse a lb once he get by em its over

Great signing ... and he’s use to being 2nd fiddle ... he will know his role and excel at it ... draft Dortch from Wake for the slot and I’m gravy

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    We need a true slot. Cole Beasley wouldve been ideal. But that ship sailed. I think a slot in the draft would be ideal. Possibly with our 2nd rd pick. All 3 1st rounders should be defense unless we go D with 1st 2 picks (assuming we get a pass rusher in FA), and one of the two top TEs with the 3rd 1st rounder (if we lose Cook which we will prob do)
    Vacant positions as of now (no starter on the roster):

DE1
    DE2 (Key is rotational at best as of now. Let's stop assuming he'll put up 8 sacks next season until he actually does. He had ZERO last season)
    MLB
    OLB
    TE
    OG

Have to address these positions first, before spending more capital on another WR. Brown, Williams, Nelson are the best trio in the AFC West and top 5 in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i keep hearing that mayock and gruden love andy isabella,im not opposed to taking him with our 2nd rd pick this kid is electric and can play outside or slot running with jets 4.31 40 imagine this kid in the slot getting covered by nickel cb/safety or even worse a lb once he get by em its over
    Agreed... kid looks like a perfect fit for the slot. I think us taking him in the 2nd though would be too high, really need a 3rd round pick which is where I think he will go.

I wish we could resign Cook on the cheap so we wont burn a high pick on another TE...If we cant get Hock then dont draft Fant or Smith unless they drop..Just my 2 cents boys...lookin forward to the draft more and more