Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Raiders sign OT Trent Brown

  1. #21
    Administrator bk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    311
    wow, I don't feel bad about letting go of Kelechi now, they used his 10.2M and applied it to Brown. Great signing!
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i think abrown,and t brown are both now and later types,t brown is pretty young and abrowns skills says he plays well beyond 35
    True, both will definitely score another multi year contract after the current ones expire. This is pretty much how Gruden wanted to build the team back up, solid, younger players who can be around well into the Vegas years.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    From Michael Gehlkin*
    Mike Mayock has a list of the AFC West’s DE’s on a white board in his office.

    What to do:

    -cut interior OL to strengthen exterior OL. Smart!!!
    -Move young gun Miller from LT to RT and sign a premium vet LT to WIN NOW. Gives Miller a ton of experience and in 2-3 years, move him back to LT if we have to cut BROWN for cap reasons. Miller is then a vet and more than ready to take over.

    Smart smart moves
    The plan last year was to have Penn play LT, Miller play RT, and Parker learn the ropes from both. Miller could've learned the game from Penn's play. Penn's injury and coming back way too soon put the kibosh on that and we saw 2 rookie OTs get put into the fire. I agree that this still helps Miller even if he's getting moved to RT now and people say he's a bust. I disagree. He still needs to learn and he also needs time to get stronger too. He has the agility now he needs the strength and technique. A year of learning will not harm him and make him a bust, imo. This should help him out. Also, it allows us to play Parker to his strengths (run blocking) until he's more seasoned and ready to play more (maybe he never develops either). But, using him as a guard or as a swing tackle could work out well for him.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    From Michael Gehlkin*
    Mike Mayock has a list of the AFC West’s DE’s on a white board in his office.

    What to do:

    -cut interior OL to strengthen exterior OL. Smart!!!
    -Move young gun Miller from LT to RT and sign a premium vet LT to WIN NOW. Gives Miller a ton of experience and in 2-3 years, move him back to LT if we have to cut BROWN for cap reasons. Miller is then a vet and more than ready to take over.

    Smart smart moves
    Yep, love the moves. Taking Parker in the 3rd was a mistake but maybe he can end up being a good journeyman.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    From Michael Gehlkin*
    Mike Mayock has a list of the AFC West’s DE’s on a white board in his office.

    What to do:

    -cut interior OL to strengthen exterior OL. Smart!!!
    -Move young gun Miller from LT to RT and sign a premium vet LT to WIN NOW. Gives Miller a ton of experience and in 2-3 years, move him back to LT if we have to cut BROWN for cap reasons. Miller is then a vet and more than ready to take over.

    Smart smart moves
    super bowl pats vs rams aaron donalds name was only called a few times trent brown stoned him until donald was moved to the right side,same for fowler this kid can play

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    True, both will definitely score another multi year contract after the current ones expire. This is pretty much how Gruden wanted to build the team back up, solid, younger players who can be around well into the Vegas years.
    i can already see the signs in vegas with gruden,carr and abrown

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    The plan last year was to have Penn play LT, Miller play RT, and Parker learn the ropes from both. Miller could've learned the game from Penn's play. Penn's injury and coming back way too soon put the kibosh on that and we saw 2 rookie OTs get put into the fire. I agree that this still helps Miller even if he's getting moved to RT now and people say he's a bust. I disagree. He still needs to learn and he also needs time to get stronger too. He has the agility now he needs the strength and technique. A year of learning will not harm him and make him a bust, imo. This should help him out. Also, it allows us to play Parker to his strengths (run blocking) until he's more seasoned and ready to play more (maybe he never develops either). But, using him as a guard or as a swing tackle could work out well for him.
    agree 100% kolton was not supposed to start at left tackle but the injury to penn was much worst then expected plus his age (long healing times) i think with a yr under both miller and parker this yr they start to shine better and carr can expect his left side not to cave in 2 sec either

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    Yep, love the moves. Taking Parker in the 3rd was a mistake but maybe he can end up being a good journeyman.
    He can be a backup or possibly move to guard. You know what I say about guards. They are failed tackles.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    He can be a backup or possibly move to guard. You know what I say about guards. They are failed tackles.
    Yep, getting Brown now, gives you a few options with Parker. Good's on a 1 year deal and who knows Parker develops into a guard, you plug him in 2020 and save a few bucks.

  10. #30
    Didn’t someone say Parker was living and working out with Gabe Jackson? Maybe tutoring him at guard as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •