Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency Rumor Thread

Free Agency Rumor Thread

Do we have one already?

I am hearing that KO was moved for his play as much as for the money and we will be after a top lineman. Look for us to make a few offers and see who bites first. Brown and James are under consideration.

im hearing that cincy wants to trade up with us to get haskins

I hope the Texans overpay for Brown. He's going to get a contract similar to 4/62 that Nate Solder signed last year. Signing average free agents and making them them one of the highest paid at their position is never a good decision. The Patriots aquired him for a swap of 3rd and 4th round pick. I know the Raiders need to improve the line. But this isn't the way. He's too big for a ZBS and will be a bust and maybe the worst signing of this free agent period.

Trent Brown T, Unsigned Free Agent
    NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders "love and are ready to spend for" free agent LT Trent Brown.

Rapoport adds the Patriots would like to re-sign Brown and the Texans are interested as well, but it sounds like the Raiders are the front-runners. Oakland just spent a first-round pick on Kolton Miller last year, but he was a disaster as a rookie. There is a strong chance Brown is overpaid no matter where he lands, but he would be an upgrade over Miller.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Details on the #Raiders impending deal for OT Trent Brown: 4 years for $66M and $36,750,000 fully guaranteed, source said.

Wow. 16.5M a year for 4 years

Well there you go I guess.

I hate it when people say Miller was a disaster. There were plenty reasons why he had a rough year.

Well, then next thing I would look for is us signing Clinton-Dix.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolinaRaider View Post
    Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Details on the #Raiders impending deal for OT Trent Brown: 4 years for $66M and $36,750,000 fully guaranteed, source said.

Wow. 16.5M a year for 4 years
    This will be a disaster. The Raiders will be begging to get out of this contact. Teams never learn form the mistakes of the past. Highest paid tackle in the league for an average player. Zero chance this turns out good

This obviously means the end of Penn. So basically we traded KO and Penn for Brown. Money is pretty much a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Haji81872 View Post
    This obviously means the end of Penn. So basically we traded KO and Penn for Brown. Money is pretty much a wash.
    That makes it more palatable. But the amount of money is insane