Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tackles to draft

Tackles to draft

Everything i've been reading on Greg Little is awful. Once thought of as one of the top tackle prospects before the season to I don't know where he falls. I sure hope the Raiders don't take him. I know it's that time of the year but every scout seems to think his tape is bad. I'm kind of digging the Risner kid from K State. He can play anywhere on the line, which is a plus. Meaning if KO or Jackson were traded he could slide into guard or compete on the right side. I doubt Jamaar Taylor is available, he might be the first tackle off the board. Also Dillard from Wash St has been jumping up the draft boards and should go in the first round. It sucks taking O-lineman early in the draft, they are not sexy picks but if you can't protect the QB, the offense can't work.

From day 1, Risner has been my favorite player in the draft. I know Gruden loves his attitude at the senior bowl.

2 favorite players regardless of position and rankings in this draft are
    - Dalton Risner
    -T.J. Hockenson

jonah's tape is the best of the left tackles in this draft has played excellent as a left tackle for 3 yrs straight and yet the stupid scouts and pundits have him as a guard (retarded) this kid is elite as a left tackle imo

i like risner a lot too but not as a tackle,could be elite as a guard

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    jonah's tape is the best of the left tackles in this draft has played excellent as a left tackle for 3 yrs straight and yet the stupid scouts and pundits have him as a guard (retarded) this kid is elite as a left tackle imo

i like risner a lot too but not as a tackle,could be elite as a guard
    I not sold on Williams at LT. I don't think he's big enough or strong enough. Think he can make a good RT. With Risner, if he can't play RT and has to be a guard. I wouldn't take him before the 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I not sold on Williams at LT. I don't think he's big enough or strong enough. Think he can make a good RT. With Risner, if he can't play RT and has to be a guard. I wouldn't take him before the 4th round.
    That’s silly.
    Risner was the emotional leader at K-State and was the voice of the Oline at the Senior Bowl.
    He’s a Swiss Army knife and can play anywhere. But his ideal position is guard like a lot of these guys.

Raiders need to make some tough decisions on the interior very soon. Until then, we’d have a guy that can fill in without missing a beat at RT or guard. He’d create a ton of competition for playing time. That’s a good thing.

Jonah? Even Alabama wanted to move him to guard, but lack of seasoned options kept him protecting the edge.
    Risner could be there at 24/27. Jonah shouldn’t last that far.
    Neither should be top 10 picks

jonah will be just fine.played against top competition and held his own and dominated,kids done it for 3 yrs and his tape is great and consistently great,any team that take another left tackle will be sorry they passed on jonah guaranteed

I'm not real big on taking OL in the first round unless you are taking a bonafide All Pro from day 1. You can get Pro Bowl level talent at OL from round 3-5 in nearly every draft. We invested a lot in the OL last year with draft picks and on our current player in $$. Risner is the only OL talent I'd consider using a high pick on, but if you do, you admit you're giving up on a valuable piece already on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    I'm not real big on taking OL in the first round unless you are taking a bonafide All Pro from day 1. You can get Pro Bowl level talent at OL from round 3-5 in nearly every draft. We invested a lot in the OL last year with draft picks and on our current player in $$. Risner is the only OL talent I'd consider using a high pick on, but if you do, you admit you're giving up on a valuable piece already on the team.
    Its a lot more difficult to find tackles later in the draft. Guards should never be taken in the first round. EVER. It is a complete waste of a draft pick. So if Risner is the answer at RT, he would be worth the pick. If he is to play guard, i'd take a hard pass and wait for the 4th/5th round to take a guard.

Its a lot more difficult to find tackles later in the draft. Guards should never be taken in the first round. EVER. It is a complete waste of a draft pick. So if Risner is the answer at RT, he would be worth the pick. If he is to play guard, i'd take a hard pass and wait for the 4th/5th round to take a guard.
    Why wouldn't you pick someone like Quenton Nelson in the first round ? I admit most guards shouldn't be picked in the 1st or even 2nd but there are exceptions to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
    Why wouldn't you pick someone like Quenton Nelson in the first round ? I admit most guards shouldn't be picked in the 1st or even 2nd but there are exceptions to that.
    Taking a guard at #6 overall was pretty ballsy by the Colts. Worked out GREAT for them.
    Risner is no Nelson, it’s why he won’t go top 6.
    But if he’s there at 24/27, and a couple other premium players are off the board, I’d love a Risner talent boost on our Oline.

He’ll push Parker at RT, and if Parker plays great then Risner moves inside and pushes one of the big $$$ guards out.
    He’ll be an emotional leader on the Oline for a decade.