Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watch the AAF?

Anyone watch the AAF?

I never even heard of it until today. Just watched a bunch of highlights. Some NFL has been players and coaches but also players who went undrafted. Looks like a fun sort of minor league NFL.

I watched parts of 2 games. It isn't the NFL but it is football. It has some interesting and different rules. But I liked it. It's watchable.

Best one is no extra point after a TD. 2 point try or you get nothing. NFL should adopt this.

I watched the Birmingham Iron game (because of their colors ). It was entertaining. I really liked how on replays you get to see and hear the replay official. Still didn't necessarily agree with the review decision on one of them, but at least you could hear the guy's thought process and how he saw things.

I'll watch more of these games.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Best one is no extra point after a TD. 2 point try or you get nothing. NFL should adopt this.
    it eliminates 32 salaries and with the new rules on kickoffs were headed that way anyway

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    I never even heard of it until today. Just watched a bunch of highlights. Some NFL has been players and coaches but also players who went undrafted. Looks like a fun sort of minor league NFL.
    Do they take a knee during the National Anthem?

I didn't see it. But I haven't seen it in the NFL all year at least on broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    it eliminates 32 salaries and with the new rules on kickoffs were headed that way anyway
    Yep. Just put it on the 20 yard line after a score. No kickoffs, no block in the back penalties which happen on every one and slows down the game.

Not really since you'd still have to kick FG's. Unless they totally eliminated FG's too which would suck.

You have the same player who punts do FG's. Never figured out why they need two different players for this anyway.