Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade back: which teams, what compensation

Trade back: which teams, what compensation

Top 3 DL are gone so looking at trade back options:
    Looking at the draft value chart, which teams might want to move up for a QB, and what would be the MINIMUM compensation I’d accept. All compensation is swapping 1st’s for....
    *note* you’d want to ask back as much as possible, but these are my MINIMUMS to say YES To the trade.

Raiders have 1800 point value for #4

—#6 Giants 200 points behind. We would probably be able to select anyone we want at #6 just like #4. Ferrell/White/Gary etc would probably all be in play. Giants don’t have their 3rd.
    Minimum? Giants top 4th, NEXT YEARS 2nd. (I have a feeling we might try and fill that void for next year)

—#7 Jax 300 points behind. Pretty much same notes as NYG. They would be jumping NYG so I want a little more premium as a minimum. JAX gets to pick the option.
    A) 2nd rounder
    B) 3rd rounder & NEXT year 2nd

—#10 Denver 500 points behind. This is tricky because you don’t want to gift a rival a franchise QB. Not being impressed with the lot, I’m ok, but the minimum goes up for div foe.
    Minimum? 2nd rounder & 4th rounder & NEXT years #1. (Note: they have 2 4ths and 2 5ths)

—#11 Cin 550 points behind. You’ll see a trend, dropping this far I want next years #1.
    Minimum? 2nd & NEXT years #1

—#13 Mia 650 points behind.
    Minimum? 2nd & 3rd & Next years #1
    We also give them our 5th

—#15 Wash 750 points behind
    Minimum? 2nd & NEXT years #1 & #2

JMO on the minimums I’d take on trade backs if the top 3 DL are gone.
    Last edited by Pitzrrr; 02-10-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Note* if we end up trading with 1 of these QB hungry teams, it’ll be interesting to see if we received my minimum or got MORE back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Note* if we end up trading with 1 of these QB hungry teams, it’ll be interesting to see if we received my minimum or got MORE back.
    the battle for haskins is gonna be great,clear cut best qb in this draft if your looking for safe mostly pocket passer type with size,arm and accuracy,kyler murray is a wild card his skills set is best of the bunch but his height and size will be an issue (5'9 180) if your looking for a mold breaker and game breaker this is your guy but the offense will have to be custom tailorer to his set of skills similar to lamar jackson but a much better passer in every way (accuracy/strength/ability to hit every pass)

min i want an xtra 2nd rd pick from nyg/jags i dont care about the points chart,denver itll cost em a 2nd,3rd,5th this yr or a 2nd and 1st next yr to move from 10 to 4 for their franchise qb

Anyone moving up to get a QB is going to have to pay more regardless of the points.

I don't see a Denver trade.

Rumor has it the Jets and Giants could actually do a trade which would hurt our chances.

I could see a Washington Gruden brothers trade.

Most likely is the Jags doing a deal. Their #1 and a minimum of a two would be nice. Draft Devin White or another stud who might drop. Still a great draft spot.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Anyone moving up to get a QB is going to have to pay more regardless of the points.
    Yup, at the same time, if we don’t have great offers and all we have is the NYG offer, we might as well take it.
    We would get the SAME player at #6 as we would have at #4 most likely. Might as well picks up an extra player this year and our 2nd back next year.

Points chart should just be a starting point. A bidding war would be best case scenario. Jets being desperate to trade back (for a OL) might get the deal done though.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post

Rumor has it the Jets and Giants could actually do a trade which would hurt our chances.

Perfect!!
    We are in a very nice spot at #4:

A) Bosa/Allen/Q taken ahead of us? GREAT!! #4 goes up for auction to the highest bidder! SWEET!!!

B) Jets get a trade partner for #3? GREAT!! Allen or Q fall to us! SWEET!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Perfect!!
    We are in a very nice spot at #4:

A) Bosa/Allen/Q taken ahead of us? GREAT!! #4 goes up for auction to the highest bidder! SWEET!!!

B) Jets get a trade partner for #3? GREAT!! Allen or Q fall to us! SWEET!!!
    I think Allen has a shot to go #1. I don't think he's a fit for the Raiders. I really think the Jets will trade back. They have to get some of the picks they traded for Darnold. So with them picking tight ahead of us and in no danger of taking a QB. The teams trading up will take the deal which they give up less if that happens to be the Giants to Jags.. Maybe a future 2nd. But if a team such as Denver, Bengals or Dolphins trade up ahead of Jets or with the Jets to take a QB then the value of goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I think Allen has a shot to go #1. I don't think he's a fit for the Raiders. I really think the Jets will trade back. They have to get some of the picks they traded for Darnold. So with them picking tight ahead of us and in no danger of taking a QB. The teams trading up will take the deal which they give up less if that happens to be the Giants to Jags.. Maybe a future 2nd. But if a team such as Denver, Bengals or Dolphins trade up ahead of Jets or with the Jets to take a QB then the value of goes up.
    i think the jets taje jonah williams or the best left tackle to protect darnold

Yup, Jets have 1 pick in the top 65.
    Like us, they have plenty of needs. You know they are more desperate than anyone to stock pile as many picks as possible.
    1 pick in the top 65 won’t cut it for them