Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .J. Hockenson, TE

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    The offense has just as many holes as the defense. This team needs playmaker on both sides of the ball. It's easier to find defensive player later in the draft at linebacker or safety. Finding impact receivers later in the draft is difficult. Finding a starting running back in the 4th or 5th round is more common than a receiver that contributes right away. Sure Ateman played last year but it was desperation.
    Let’s go BPA all day baby!! It’ll be interesting how Mayock mixes his BPA with needs, day 1 & 2 in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    The offense has just as many holes as the defense. This team needs playmaker on both sides of the ball. It's easier to find defensive player later in the draft at linebacker or safety. Finding impact receivers later in the draft is difficult. Finding a starting running back in the 4th or 5th round is more common than a receiver that contributes right away. Sure Ateman played last year but it was desperation.
    i agree we need rb,wr,te and oline but i would prefer to go all defense in the 1st rd unless there is a game breaker like marquise on the board and he falls to us at #24/27 i see value at te in the 2nd rd with irv smith and noah fant

Although I'm a proponent for picking defense, I wouldn't box myself in that way. You take the best player available at a position of need. Weapons on offense is a need and a TE like Hockenson at #24 to me is a no brainer. Cooks had a great year but he's not getting younger and to say he's better than Hockenson is premature.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    Although I'm a proponent for picking defense, I wouldn't box myself in that way. You take the best player available at a position of need. Weapons on offense is a need and a TE like Hockenson at #24 to me is a no brainer. Cooks had a great year but he's not getting younger and to say he's better than Hockenson is premature.
    pick #4 is for sure defense at edge or dt or mlb,one of pick 24 or 27 will have to be defense as well,that leaves us with one pick for bpa that could be offense

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    pick #4 is for sure defense at edge or dt or mlb,one of pick 24 or 27 will have to be defense as well,that leaves us with one pick for bpa that could be offense
    I agree that picking at #4 looks like it is going to be defense. FWIW, I could see 3 defensive players in the first round, but I'm not locking that down without letting the draft dictate who will be available at our choice. It's not impossible 2 offensive picks could happen with players like Hockenson and maybe a WR like Harmon. That wouldn't be the worst thing to do, though not what I anticipate happening.

It’s Jared Cook people, not Jared Cooks

Who's the TE Nassim liked?

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    I like Hoak a lot ... if we trade back a few spots and get a 2nd , I would take him at 24... I would not pay Cook big money . Itís time to get young stud talent at every position .

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    I liked Herndon last year from Miami ... Jets got a steal in him .. I think with Walfod being a bust for us we shied away from another MIAMI TE... Miami is TE U... we got another stud coming into the league soon , remember the name - Brevin Jordan

Played at Bishop Gorman in Vegas - #1 TE in the Nation last year ... Loke a running back with the ball in his hands ... stud

Quote Originally Posted by NASSIMTHEDREAM View Post
    I liked Herndon last year from Miami ... Jets got a steal in him .. I think with Walfod being a bust for us we shied away from another MIAMI TE... Miami is TE U... we got another stud coming into the league soon , remember the name - Brevin Jordan

Played at Bishop Gorman in Vegas - #1 TE in the Nation last year ... Loke a running back with the ball in his hands ... stud
    Iowa now is TE U. Hockenson Fant and Kittle. Pretty impressive. FYI the U is garbage and will always be garbage.
    Last edited by psly2124; 02-11-2019 at 04:11 PM.