Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .J. Hockenson, TE

.J. Hockenson, TE

The latest CBS Sports mock has the Raiders taking T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa, with the 24th pick. Hockenson is the best receiving tight end in this draft and the best blocker. The TE was traditionally a position of strength for the Raiders of old. I think Hockenson would give Carr a great weapon.

I would really support drafting him in the first. I would even go so far as drafting another TE later in the draft. This is a very deep TE class. Te's matchup up against LB's are a mismatch and Gruden knows to exploit it. With our receivers being as weak as they are, a two TE offense makes sense. Te's take time to develop developing one later can help down the road.
    Last edited by psly2124; 02-10-2019 at 05:13 AM.

if hockensen is gone by pick #24 id wait til the 2nd rd and take irv smith or noah fant

So im assuming were not gona resign Cook? None of tbe TE in the draft are as good as Cook..

Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    So im assuming were not gona resign Cook? None of tbe TE in the draft are as good as Cook..
    I don't know about that but like I said before, let Cook hit FA and see if anyone bites. If someone else signs him, a higher pick TE will be in order. If not, the Raiders can try to resign him cheaper.

How do you know? Cook has been in the league 10 years and this was his 1 Pro Bowl nod. Hes never put up #s like that. Iím betting this was more of an exception and NOT the rule with Cook.
    Raiders having the worst WR core in the NFL made Carr look for Cook more as well.

Let him hit free agency, if someone wants to overpay for him? Good for him.
    Cook is a solid veteran TE, thatís it.
    Best case scenario? Re-sign Cook to a fair contract, draft Hock!

Having 2 weapons at TE for Carr, the savy vet and the young phenom! Sign me up for that!

I like the top 3 TE's but unless we do a trade down and get an extra 2nd rounder I believe 3 of the top 4 picks need to go to defense and the other pick go to a wide receiver.

Free agency will clear it up going into the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    How do you know? Cook has been in the league 10 years and this was his 1 Pro Bowl nod. Hes never put up #s like that. Iím betting this was more of an exception and NOT the rule with Cook.
    Raiders having the worst WR core in the NFL made Carr look for Cook more as well.

Let him hit free agency, if someone wants to overpay for him? Good for him.
    Cook is a solid veteran TE, thatís it.
    Best case scenario? Re-sign Cook to a fair contract, draft Hock!

Having 2 weapons at TE for Carr, the savy vet and the young phenom! Sign me up for that!
    100% agree. Cook had his best season his 10th in the league. Last season was the best season cook will ever have. Hopefully we find a TE that does that each and every year. Cook is a short term answer and not a long term solution. Close to 10 TE's could go in the first 3 rounds. Lot of talent.

id like to keep cooks but that dude has only had one yr of great play to his name,so if jared cooks wants to stay a raider he better be reasonable or else goodbye to him and hello to hockenson,irv or noah

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I like the top 3 TE's but unless we do a trade down and get an extra 2nd rounder I believe 3 of the top 4 picks need to go to defense and the other pick go to a wide receiver.

Free agency will clear it up going into the draft.
    The offense has just as many holes as the defense. This team needs playmaker on both sides of the ball. It's easier to find defensive player later in the draft at linebacker or safety. Finding impact receivers later in the draft is difficult. Finding a starting running back in the 4th or 5th round is more common than a receiver that contributes right away. Sure Ateman played last year but it was desperation.