Thread: Kam Chancellor could get cut

Kam Chancellor could get cut

Kam Chancellor - DB - Seahawks

The Seattle Times reports the Seahawks could make Kam Chancellor a post-June 1 cut.
    Chancellor's $5.2 million salary is fully guaranteed for 2019. He's not healthy enough to pass a physical, so Seattle is stuck keeping him on its roster for now. Designating Chancellor a post-June cut would save $10.5 million and lower his dead money hit to $2.5 million. The Seahawks will likely wait until later in the offseason to make a decision on Chancellor.

I don't know if he can play. He had a serious injury and his career may be over.

He turns 31 in April and is coming off an injury. I don't know if he is a good pickup for a rebuilding team. Watch him sign with New England.

Yeah I doubt he ever plays again. Had a pretty signifant injury

Not sure what the Seahawks were doing on the 8th, but his contract guaranteed 5.2 million on that date this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Not sure what the Seahawks were doing on the 8th, but his contract guaranteed 5.2 million on that date this year.

Maybe his career isn't over and he will remain with the Seahawks or it's a good will in his years of service. Either way he's isn't going to be a Raider

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Maybe his career isn't over and he will remain with the Seahawks or it's a good will in his years of service. Either way he's isn't going to be a Raider
    Looks like he has some type of injury guarantee in his deal for the past 2 seasons. If he can't pass his physical he can't be waived type clause in his contract.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...act-situation/

I would think he's going to retire soon, but who knows.