Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everson Griffen

Everson Griffen

Everson Griffen may be released by the Vikings in the upcoming weeks. He is 31 and coming off a down year in which he had some mental health issues and was away from team. He is capable of getting to the QB. It's a name that can be floated around. Now if a team comes out and pays him based on a couple years ago. It will price the Raiders out. He may want a 3 or 4 year contact. I don't know but he will come cheaper than Clark from Seattle, Clowney(if not tagged) or Dee ford.

Intriguing player, but that mental state is why he's being released. Would have to do a great job vetting him out. As a player and talent, yes, he'd be a really good target for us.

Sounds like a Reggie pick to me

Given the need for pass rushers around the league, he'll get offers, but I can't see him getting his 4-58 back, he's due 11 million and is a 1.2 dead hit. Definitely someone to keep an eye on. You'll probably see 8 million per tops, with incentives for games and stats. I can see 3-24, with just the first year guaranteed, if he meets all incentives, 3-30.

I dont see the Vikes doing this but if so we have to make a play for him.

griffin will find a market but it'll be less then john hustons deal due to mental instability and mediocre performance once back,im guessing but maybe 8-9 million a yr, i think houstons deal will be closer to 11-12 million a yr because his play was still excellent

Dude has mental issues ... hard pass

How many football players do you think dont have mental issues. He is loved by his teammates loved by the Vikings fans. Incredibly hard worker on and off the field. A leader in the locker room. Not to mention just pretty freking good.

6 million a year he would be a steal.

If they let him go it will simply be because of cap issues as Viikes have a bunch of players going to get contracts guaranteed in March and they are in cap hell. Nothing to do with his mental issues. He is a 31 year old DE set to make 11.7 million and they have two young studs they can play instead.

In any case I think he gets cut and resigned by Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by NASSIMTHEDREAM View Post
    Dude has mental issues ... hard pass
    Mental issues can be treated sometimes.....but I think the Vikings releasing him will be because of cap space

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Mental issues can be treated sometimes.....but I think the Vikings releasing him will be because of cap space
    viking have big issues on the offensive line,defense is fine