Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Francisco Mayor Doesn’t Want The Raiders To Play In Her City

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    fault of the people in the state for constantly hiring the same losers whom fail at their jobs
    Living in CA and being in the minority when it comes to everything political here I can tell you that this State is an example of what happens when one party dominates the system & controls the process to set the Districts so that their party followers are constantly in the majority. Nothing changes, same politicians get elected & reelected and dissenting voices go unheard. It's no different anywhere else when one party dominates the political agenda. The only way it changes is when people begin to vote on issues rather than party lines.

It amazes me how the politicians in Oakland consistently get overwhelming support for new taxes when they squander funds given to them. Classic example is a measure that passed increasing taxes for police. If passed it required the City to keep a force of 750 PO's or more in order to collect the tax. The City had financial issues & laid off PO's below the 750 number required to collect the tax within 1 year of passage. What did they do? Came back with another measure removing the minimum number of Police to collect the tax.......and the sheep passed the measure. This sums up the political environment in this town.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    what does that tell you about the people who vote for them?
    idiots without a clue !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ffjxc View Post
    Living in CA and being in the minority when it comes to everything political here I can tell you that this State is an example of what happens when one party dominates the system & controls the process to set the Districts so that their party followers are constantly in the majority. Nothing changes, same politicians get elected & reelected and dissenting voices go unheard. It's no different anywhere else when one party dominates the political agenda. The only way it changes is when people begin to vote on issues rather than party lines.

It amazes me how the politicians in Oakland consistently get overwhelming support for new taxes when they squander funds given to them. Classic example is a measure that passed increasing taxes for police. If passed it required the City to keep a force of 750 PO's or more in order to collect the tax. The City had financial issues & laid off PO's below the 750 number required to collect the tax within 1 year of passage. What did they do? Came back with another measure removing the minimum number of Police to collect the tax.......and the sheep passed the measure. This sums up the political environment in this town.
    i ask you how many times can the democrats pass billion dollars taxes,bills and bonds for clean air,clean water,better schools,better infrastructure and better healthcare when their 1st bills,2nd bills,3rd bills,4th bills have failed miserably ...thats how stupid californians are

i ask you how many times can the democrats pass billion dollars taxes,bills and bonds for clean air,clean water,better schools,better infrastructure and better healthcare when their 1st bills,2nd bills,3rd bills,4th bills have failed miserably ...thats how stupid californians are

The people who vote for them don't pay taxes, so they can care less how the money is spent. IF they did indeed pay taxes they would not be voting for the people who wasted the money that they earned.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    The people who vote for them don't pay taxes, so they can care less how the money is spent. IF they did indeed pay taxes they would not be voting for the people who wasted the money that they earned.
    how about the idiotic gas tax,the idiots whom dont pay taxes voted to hurt themselves more

how about the idiotic gas tax,the idiots whom dont pay taxes voted to hurt themselves more
    There was a tobacco tax a few years ago in Cali where the $ was supposed to go to pave roads. That's like putting a meat tax on vegans.

Quote Originally Posted by ffjxc View Post

I feel you in the sentiment of party politics and the general same sh characterization of any dominant party. However, the comparison of the failed politics in Oakland is not the same as politics of the state. Democrats budget policies under Jerry Brown balanced the state budget with surplus.

Further, while most registered voters in Cali are Democrats, the state has millions of Republicans, especially concentrated in the Central Valley. Haven’t really researched your point about redistricting by Democrats, but the policy of taxation actually worked on the state level.

The city of Oakland’s politics shouldn’t be compared as the city itself has less than 1 million people.