Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Superbowl Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Agree. Worst game, worst commercials, worst half time show.
    Only bright spot was my 5 year old won $550 in super bowl squares! Haha

Impressed with the Rams punter...lol

How did the Patriots generate all that pass rush without any elite pass rushers?

No Khalil Mack, no Joey Bosa, no no. 1 pick, no Aaron Donald, yet they genrated enough pressure to win a SB.

How did they do that? Everybody here says we need elite pass rushers

I can’t name one elite pass rusher fo NE

Why can’t we build our defense off of no name pass rushers like NE

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermackin View Post
    How did the Patriots generate all that pass rush without any elite pass rushers?

No Khalil Mack, no Joey Bosa, no no. 1 pick, no Aaron Donald, yet they genrated enough pressure to win a SB.

Yeah besides Kyle Van Noy and Trey Flowers they don’t have much. They got a ton of pressure on Goff tonight though

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Worst Super Bowl I seen. Brady not done either, he could win more. I hate the Pats.

Because Belicheck is the greatest coach of all time and schemed the Jeebus out of the Rams. Misdirections, stunts, he had that defense moving all over the place. Rams didn't know what hit them and couldn't adjust. You can generate pressure without great individual pass rushers, but you also have to build a team of defenders that truly compliment one another, play together and do their damn job.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    Because Belicheck is the greatest coach of all time and schemed the Jeebus out of the Rams. Misdirections, stunts, he had that defense moving all over the place. Rams didn't know what hit them and couldn't adjust. You can generate pressure without great individual pass rushers, but you also have to build a team of defenders that truly compliment one another, play together and do their damn job.
    We should do that. Then, we don't have to pay elite pass rushers big time $$. That's what NE does. They don't pay for:

1) Pass rushers (Chandler Jones)
    2) Outside linebackers (Jaime Collins)
    3) Wide receivers (Deion Branch, although, they did pony up for Moss on a 3 year deal)
    4) High priced defensive tackles (Richard Seymour; they were able to come to a deal for Vince Wilfork)
    5) Left Tackles (Nate Solder)
    6) Running Backs

What NE does pay for:
    1) Cornerbacks - (Ty Law, Gilmore, Revis)
    2) Tight Ends (Gronk, Aaron Hernandez)
    3) Quarterbacks (Brady)
    4) Slot Receivers (Edelman, Welker, Amandola)
    5) Guards (can't name any)
    6) Middle linebackers (Dont'a Hightower)
    Last edited by Raidermackin; 02-04-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolinaRaider View Post
    Yeah besides Kyle Van Noy and Trey Flowers they don’t have much. They got a ton of pressure on Goff tonight though
    Yeah, this is how they got Van Noy: On October 25, 2016, the Detroit Lions traded Van Noy and a seventh round pick (239th overall) in the 2017 NFL Draft to the New England Patriots in exchange for a sixth round pick (215th overall) in 2017.

This is how they got Trey Flowers: The New England Patriots selected Flowers in the fourth round (101st overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft. The pick used to draft him was acquired from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers along with tight end Tim Wright in exchange for Logan Mankins.

Check out their offensive line too. All road graders I believe and Brady barely got hit all post season. Well, he didn't get sacked all post season, IIRC, and there were a couple pressures last night. Their offensive line coach has been a coach with their team since way before Belichick got there too. Best o-line coach in the league. Meanwhile, we have Motel 8 Tom Cable.

dont forget hightower,dude was bulldozing sullivan and the rg a lot