Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mel Kiper's first mock draft today has the Raiders taking.....

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Congrats put it on your resume and send it to Gruden. We can use some scouts with an eye for talent in there. Gruden would have loved this kid in his ball control smash mouth style. Here we are risking our 5th rounder on a kid with heart problem.
    Lol ... I do have an eye for talent... I was a huge Hurst guy and wanted him with our 1st rounder last year ... we stole him .

If I was drafting in previous years we’d have Kendricks at LB, Lockett in the slot , Diggs at another WR, and Preston Smith on the DL

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Attachment 124
    Mels full mock

Edit: well thatís a nice picture. Not sure why it did that. I tried.
    Thanks for that. I could download it and sharpen it in photoshop. Still can't believe people would pay for a mock draft prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by NASSIMTHEDREAM View Post
    Lol ... I do have an eye for talent... I was a huge Hurst guy and wanted him with our 1st rounder last year ... we stole him .

If I was drafting in previous years we’d have Kendricks at LB, Lockett in the slot , Diggs at another WR, and Preston Smith on the DL
    Exactly, much rather have guys ready to play Day 1 and get to a 2nd contract. Rather then hope and wait 2-3 years only to realize those expectations will never be met.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Thanks for that. I could download it and sharpen it in photoshop. Still can't believe people would pay for a mock draft prediction.
    All the draft sites, podcasts, draft specials months before.
    Even look at the NBA, they are expecting a big TV audience for the ALL Star game draft.

This country LOVES drafts. Enough people pay for his opinion I guess.
    On his (free) podcast yesterday he even said, this mock will look nothing like my mock before the draft.
    So much research, testing, interviews need to be done.

My favorite back in this draft

People laughed at me last year when I wanted Jaylen Samuels from NC State ... ummm ,he did pretty damn good when Connor went down ... Pitt stole a damn good player late in the draft
    Cool! I was kinda hoping I wouldn't be the only one who likes the way the kid runs. I haven't watched a ton of him yet, but silky smooth, great one cut and go type runner. Excellent balance and can take it inside out and outside back in. I don't think he'll be as fast, but I see a little CJ2K in his style.

Yes, highlights...not scouting film, just highlights, but fun to watch. In round 3-4 this is the type of kid I take a chance on cause if you hit big and he translates to the NFL, he's a game breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    with the 4th pick the 2019 NFL mock draft, CB Greedy Williams from LSU!

The kid is pushing 6'3 in height and has been clocked at 4.2 in the 40! https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...65b68eb3f.html

With Conley playing like a shutdown CB last season, drafting Williams would give us 2 shut down CB's!

Yeah, I know I get it, we need pass rushers. FA could provide this position group as well as finds and guys who might slip a bit in the draft, ala Arden Key from last years draft.

This pick does make sense as you don't typically get lock down #1 CB's out of the top 5 or 10 in the draft. Only if there is something there that could make a guy fall in the draft, like Conley's accuser 2 years ago.

I would not be mad at this pick if this kid is indeed a true #1 CB, an early scouting report says he is just that!

Thoughts?

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!
    Great corners make a mediocre D-Line look great, no issues at all with the pick.

Get this guy in the war room come draft day lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oakr8der View Post
    Great corners make a mediocre D-Line look great, no issues at all with the pick.
    I’ve heard the opposite a lot more.

Kiper is always wrong

I really hope Josh Jacobs is still there at the end of the 1st round and we take him at 27
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL