Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amari Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Screw Cooper. Who is this CJ anderson guy that the Raiders signed for a week and now tearing it up with the Rams? Kidding, I know who he is. Gruden might possibly be an idiot. Albeit a rich one.
    Yup, Gruden has this reputation for being a playcalling guru/ offensive genius but has he ever had a high octane offense? I don’t remember one. Even our offense became more high octane after Gruden left

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermackin View Post
    Yeah Aikman loves him. He thinks no one can cover Cooper one on one.
    I’d take Amari any day over Derek.....wish we could take the trade back. In Alabama he was a freak, and those skills that made him a high 1st rounder are finally showing.

Yup, Gruden has this reputation for being a playcalling guru/ offensive genius but has he ever had a high octane offense? I don’t remember one. Even our offense became more high octane after Gruden left
    It was more high octane before he came in. Even the year under Bugle the Raiders were the highest scoring offense in the NFL. (or something like that). To quote others "It was Gruden's offense" in the super bowl, didn't work out too well even with 2 HOF receivers. That's why I'm glad Mayock is involved. Maybe he can knock some sense into Gruden. Al Davis could do it, Mark can't.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    I’d take Amari any day over Derek.....wish we could take the trade back. In Alabama he was a freak, and those skills that made him a high 1st rounder are finally showing.
    Well, he showed it his first 2 years w/ us. I don’t know what his issues were w/ the dropped passes but he had alot. I haven’t seen him drop one in awhile

He has looked better in Dallas but he is still streaky. He played in 9 games for Dallas. He had 725 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns in those games. He had 397 yards and 5 of his touchdowns in 2 of those 9 games. Of the 7 other games, 2 were average games. The other 5 were forgettable in which he had less than 40 yards in 4 of them. He did have a good playoff game vs Seattle though. Had we used him better, we could've had better production but again, streaky and not worth the contract Dallas will give him

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Who cares, he isn't worth 16 million a year for a malcontent.
    I wonder wut hes gona demand

Here’s something I just thought of. Dallas is better than us in 2 areas - they have a better offensive line and they have a dominant running game.

The offensive line gives Dak Prescott more time which gives Cooper more time to get open.

And the dominant running game means they are stacking the box to stop Ezekiel. Also, the play action pass is getting the defense to bite which gives Cooper more room to operate.

Maybe Carr targeted him more his first 2 yrs because our offensive line was better
    Last edited by Raidermackin; 01-12-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    It was more high octane before he came in. Even the year under Bugle the Raiders were the highest scoring offense in the NFL. (or something like that). To quote others "It was Gruden's offense" in the super bowl, didn't work out too well even with 2 HOF receivers. That's why I'm glad Mayock is involved. Maybe he can knock some sense into Gruden. Al Davis could do it, Mark can't.
    ????? Under Bugel the Raiders had the 13 best scoring offense and 17th best offense I'm total yards. Far from one of the best. Grudens first year, in 1998, the Raiders didn't score as many points and dropped to like 20 in points for but had about the same yards. However in 1999, The Raiders had the 8th best scoring offense and 5th best offense yards wise

Here’s something I just thought of. Dallas is better than us in 2 areas - they have a better offensive line and they have a dominant running game.

The offensive line gives Dak Prescott more time which gives Cooper more time to get open.

And the dominant running game means they are stacking the box to stop Ezekiel. Also, the play action pass is getting the defense to bite which gives Cooper more room to operate.

Maybe Carr targeted him more his first 2 yrs because our offensive line was better
    Oh for sure. Prescott also extends plays with his legs and doesn't panic and either check down or throw it away at the first sign of pressure.

The running game helps immensely though. Can get a lot of single coverage with a good running game and play action actually does something

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    Oh for sure. Prescott also extends plays with his legs and doesn't panic and either check down or throw it away at the first sign of pressure.

The running game helps immensely though. Can get a lot of single coverage with a good running game and play action actually does something
    Yeah I can compare it to Brady and the Patriots. Some really good receivers just don’t fit in the Patriots system. Players like Ocho Cinco, and others I can’t remember. Patriots are a quick passing team.. 3 step and pass. They don’t hold onto the ball and wait for a receiver to get open.

Maybe this is something Carr’s been doing more of and it doesn’t mesh with Cooper. Cooper probably needs more time to get open and Carr doesn’t wait (or doesn’t have time to wait) - so he throws it to whoever’s open first.

Maybe Cooper’s not the type to make one quick move. Maybe he likes to use double moves and countermoves - and it just takes more time.