Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More on Derek Carr!

More on Derek Carr!

Good day to you Nation! It was good to hear new Raiders GM give our QB an endorsement this past week from the championship game in Santa Clara!

There's also been some reports endorsing Carr will be back with us, but there still seems to be a few that think Carr still will be released and or traded.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ra...upporting-cast

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...ld-they-pursue

https://www.chatsports.com/oakland-r...-stadium-39818

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ra...ek-furtherance

We all know about Carr's records. Carr is already the franchise leader in completions (1,759), and attempts (2800), and has the highest completion percentage of any quarterback in team history that qualifies (62.8). This season Carr set another mark with a 68.9 completion percentage in a single season.

Carr is just 29 TD passes away from being the all time leader in Raiders history, and just 340 yards away from passing the snake for most yards in club history as well!

Carr is 2nd all time in league history for most passes thrown without an INT, and also holds the NFL record for most completions after his first 5 years in the league.

Two questions for you. How can you justify flat out releasing Carr as many here have suggested? And if he ever were traded (as anything and everything is possible and every man has his price), what would it take for Mayock and Chucky to pull the trigger on a trade for a QB of this caliber?

I again say I flat out release would never happen as long as he is healthy and playing at the level he is playing at. As far as a trade, which I again don't see happening, it would however take a kings ransom for it to go down.

#4 is my guy and he has more than enough talent to go win us rings! With #4, Chucky, and now Mike Mayock on board, these rings are not too far away!

Be good and talk soon!

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!

Most reporters are idiots. The assume that Gruden wants to purge the roster of every pick Reggie made. They think that was the reason that Mack and Cooper were traded. These writers have no idea what a salary cap is anyhow to build a team . It's not a 1 year process, it takes time to sustain success over a long period of time. That is what is being done.

Well when Gruden was here last time
    he had a qb named Jeff George who
    had a god given arm; if you were to
    build the perfect QB then you would
    need Georges arm toward that perfect
    QB....well Gruden release him and
    brought in Rich Gannon and the rest
    is history....I think Carr staying but
    If Gruden want to bring his guy in
    then now the time to do it....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Well when Gruden was here last time
    he had a qb named Jeff George who
    had a god given arm; if you were to
    build the perfect QB then you would
    need Georges arm toward that perfect
    QB....well Gruden release him and
    brought in Rich Gannon and the rest
    is history....I think Carr staying but
    If Gruden want to bring his guy in
    then now the time to do it....
    Agree with your assessment on George, however George was really soft, and he had no leadership skills what so ever. Being physically and mentally tough as well has being a leader of men are pillars Gruden is looking for in a QB. Carr has all the above!

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!

I was getting ready to say the same thing. Jeff G was let go by Gruden IMO because of his lack of fire and leadership. He and Carr are entirely two different guys

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    I was getting ready to say the same thing. Jeff G was let go by Gruden IMO because of his lack of fire and leadership. He and Carr are entirely two different guys
    Not just fire and leadership but also the fact that George for all his god given talent use to throw often of the backfoot. Also, he was not suitable for the kind of offense that Gruden wanted to run. Carr on the other hand has no such issues.

i will never question jeff georges toughness after he got sandwhiched vs k.c viciously and everyone thought he was done for the day until he got up and continued playing again

I th
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i will never question jeff georges toughness after he got sandwhiched vs k.c viciously and everyone thought he was done for the day until he got up and continued playing again
    I think his son was 3rd string at Illinois? As a senior?

When will Carr break the Raiders record for wins as a QB?

No way Carr gets released, his contract is very affordable for any team that is looking for a quick fix at QB and that doesn't want to risk a pick on an unknown commodity which is the case with EVERY player in this draft...Carr brings at least 2 #1's if we elect to trade him he's being paid backup money.