Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you do this trade?

Would you do this trade?

Ok, so I live in Jacksonville, and my father is a die hard Jags fan, season ticket holder, and ex-High School Head Football coach for over 25 years. It is clear the Jags are in serious need of a QB and are looking to either Teddy Bridgewater, Nick Foles, or Joe Flacco.

Anyway, he asked me a very good trade question this morning. Here it is:

If the Jags offered Leonard Fournette (RB), Telvin Smith (OLB), and Malik Jackson (DT) for Derek Carr, would you pull the trigger if you are Gruden/Mayock?

This immediately fulfills 3 major positions of need for the Raiders, with proven defensive vets (former probowlers), as well as a young powerful RB that hasnt even hit his prime yet (but may be a slight headcase)?

The Raiders then have a gaping hole at QB, unless AJ McCarron can become Gannon 2.0, OR there is a QB in the draft that Mayock and Gruden both strongly feel that he is the future of the Raiders.

On the other hand, the Raiders can use their 3 1st round picks on MLBer, Edge, Safety, and really bring this defense up to where they can make some noise alongside the two talented vets you just picked up from the Jags. Not to mention you can still go hard after Antonio Brown, and a talented WR with our 1st pick in the 2nd rd..
    Roll with AJ or go after Teddy B / Foles and seriously look at drafting a QB with one of our 2 1st round picks in 2020.

I dont know, but for me... this would be a heck of a nice trade for the Raiders.... i thought it was a pretty good trade picking up 3 positions of need by losing our QB with terrible pocket presence.
    Plus we keep all of our draft picks AND get rid of that $25million dollar contract that will afford us all of these players from the Jags.

No. Why trade anything for players who are likely to get cut?

Fuck no n fuck malik jackson too. He chose the jags over us

A few of them picked the jags over us.Fuck all of them lol

Absolutely not. It leaves a gaping hole at QB. You can trade Fournette for Foles.

I wouldn't. Fournette is either injury prone or a head case.

jags gonna release malik jackson,dude already announced publicly his farewell to jville

fournette forget about a injury prone power back,no thanks,we already have cw3 in our back pocket anyway

so it would be carr for telvin...NO THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    jags gonna release malik jackson,dude already announced publicly his farewell to jville

fournette forget about a injury prone power back,no thanks,we already have cw3 in our back pocket anyway

so it would be carr for telvin...NO THANKS
    Please, Please enough with the Chris Warren talk. It was preseason. Where is Johnny Morant the next Tim Brown?