Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: kyler murray

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    pick 27 is a place teams picking early 2nd rd would wanna move up to get a qb in order to secure that 5th yr option,so expect a trade down,its also a place where top 5 teams whom are looking at aging qbs will move up and give up a 2nd rd pick to get a qb with a 5 yr option (ne/no)
    Yo I hope he stays away from NE. I feel like they'd turn him into somthing wayyyy better than any other team picking him would

He's 5'8 tops. Any team that draft him its a waste. He's a gimmick, he doesn't have an NFL skilset.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    He's 5'8 tops. Any team that draft him its a waste. He's a gimmick, he doesn't have an NFL skilset.
    Agree, if QB doesn’t work out, they could use him in sub packages. Like Pittsburgh did a few years back, athletes/QBs.

But to use a 1st on him? With that build? I believe someone will do it though.
    All it takes it 1 team to pull the trigger. Like Tim Tebow.
    Nobody is pulling the trigger in the top 8 though, nobody can believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    The dude is 5'10 and 195#. If he doesn't have Russell Wilson skills to spare, I doubt he'll get drafted.
    he does have Wilson skills... better prospect than Baker Mayfield in 2018.... he can make every single NFL throw.... didn't you guys watch him in college, he was special

i get the feeling we draft the kid, one final fuck you to the athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieinblack View Post
    one final fuck you to the A's.....when have we ever fucked over the A's....it seems it's been the other way around.

For about 10 years, the A's were signing 1 year or 1 year + team option leases, then in 2013-14 ish, Mayor Quan was going to sell the Coliseum property to Mark for 95 million. Someone tipped off the A's, the A's offered to pay for brand new scoreboards to the tune of 10 million dollars and promised to fix the sewer issue....of course when you deal with politicals, you want something back, the A's wanted a 10 year lease and the municipality agreed to it. Now that the A's are going to squat on the land, there is no way the Raiders can move them off without helping build a new baseball park. The A's gave us the ultimate screw job. Honestly I could care less if we draft Murray or not, actually I rather not, but I hope he goes top 5, that would be the ultimate A's screw job.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieinblack View Post
    Would it be though? How good is he at baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by EricAllen21 View Post
    he does have Wilson skills... better prospect than Baker Mayfield in 2018.... he can make every single NFL throw.... didn't you guys watch him in college, he was special
    But 5’8 is 5’8. Even the little man Doug Flutie has 2 inches on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders1992 View Post
    Would it be though? How good is he at baseball?
    Football aside, he would have been a 1st-2nd round player coming out of high school. In 2018 he batted 296, 10 homers, 47 RBIS and 10 steals in 51 games. He translates to a centerfielder that will hit leadoff, quite possibly 4 tool player. You have the football questionmark on your resume in the 2018 MLB draft and you still go 9th, athletically he will be fine, but it's his experience that will hurt him at the start, his batting average will probably go up and down. If he can harness his speed and defense, that is how he will make it to the majors fast, but if he can't it maybe a long wait, and every year in the minors, he's only earning 6,600. Basically 1,100 per month from March - August.

Quote Originally Posted by EricAllen21 View Post
    He is NOT a better prospect than Baker Mayfield. He does NOT have the skills of Russell Wilson. He CANNOT make all the throws. He CANNOT read a defense. He is not that accurate. I've watched him at least 6 games this season. I laugh at almost every throw he makes. It looks like an Uncle Rico. I laugh even harder when I think that a team wants to waste a first round pick on a gimmick. His skills are similar to RGIII, but in a 5 6' body. I will be going to Vegas to put 3K on hi not going in the first round +170. Easy money