Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rumor:jets willing to trade leonard williams for a 2nd rd pick

rumor:jets willing to trade leonard williams for a 2nd rd pick

#Jets will consider the possibility of shopping DL Leonard Williams to see if he could bring a second-round pick or better, per
    @richcimini
    . Williams will have a $14.2M salary in 2019 under the 5th year team option.

got this off of another raiderboard

The issue isn't the quality of player that Williams is, it's that he's going to want a contact close to $100 million next year. If we weren't going to sign Mack, no way we will pay Williams anything close to that. I'd give up a 3rd and if we can't sign him to reasonable deal , we would get a Comp pick for him.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    The issue isn't the quality of player that Williams is, it's that he's going to want a contact close to $100 million next year. If we weren't going to sign Mack, no way we will pay Williams anything close to that. I'd give up a 3rd and if we can't sign him to reasonable deal , we would get a Comp pick for him.
    ^ I agree with this - all of it. I would not trade our high 2nd for him in this situation.

he has been under achieving.... plus he is going want to get paid

We traded Cooper away to not have that same problem... underacheiving player going in option year that sees himself as the shiniest diamond there ever was....

This draft is deep in DL, why pay?

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

I'll go get him as a free agent in 2020.. he is a die hard Raider from Bakersfield... not far from Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by EricAllen21 View Post
    I'll go get him as a free agent in 2020.. he is a die hard Raider from Bakersfield... not far from Vegas
    Offer a 3rd and 7th
    He’s a big Raider fan. Maybe he’ll work with us and want to sign a long term contract. If not, we get a 3rd comp pick.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Agree, roll with the young guys we have ... and draft some more young guys.

Sign some vets for depth ... Don’t overpay for guys .. Keep drafting well in the trenches