Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: 2019 Raider Free Agent Targets

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    To go by your list of needs:
    RB1 - meh, IMO RB's are the product of the system unless you are someone like Marcus Allen or Bo Jackson. Non of those types on that list.
    WR1 - You're going to have to trade for one or hope you can make one of those guys #1.
    WR3 - We already have a couple. Draft another in the 4-5th round.
    TE - Either resign Cook or draft that guy Bass is high on Fant in the second or draft Okwegbunamm (?)
    DE - Draft one. Bosa, Miller. And then another later. No way is Gruden going to look like an idiot after trading Mack and having to pay a steep price for another lesser player. Use the first over all pick on this position.
    RT - Havent been able to find a decent one since Lincoln Kennedy so I have little faith in either FA or the draft on this one.
    MLB - Draft one. I could make a case for going after Mosley though.
    S - Draft one and could make a case for going after Clinton Dix too if the price is not too high.

    I agree with you. Build the foundation through the draft then plug in holes with FA. Paying high prices for FA is what teams should do if they are looking for a couple extra pieces to complete a championship run. A 4-12 team is not going to turn into a 12-4 team by spending $$ in FA. And the only reason I said I would consider Mosely and Dix is because the Raiders don't seem to pay much attention to those positions since they went out and signed Rod Woodson to complete a run for a title.
    Mosley is the one player I would over pay to get in here, similar to Rodney Hudson, he would be the leader on the defense, he would be the guy playing 100% of the defensive snaps. He will hold everyone on the defense accountable. You cannot quantify his value by stats alone. Similar to Bobby Wagner, you get him a full new set of defenders, that defense is still solid because he's communicating the scheme to the defense. He's the coach on the field. Basically the QB of the defense. But given that Flacco is elsewhere, they might have the cap space to afford Mosley.

    As for the WR1 spot, I might just go out and buy 2 WR2's, Tyrell Williams, Golden Tate to team up with Nelson, but given the options for WR1.....Jared Cook would be a must resign.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    To go by your list of needs:
    RB1 - meh, IMO RB's are the product of the system unless you are someone like Marcus Allen or Bo Jackson. Non of those types on that list.
    WR1 - You're going to have to trade for one or hope you can make one of those guys #1.
    WR3 - We already have a couple. Draft another in the 4-5th round.
    TE - Either resign Cook or draft that guy Bass is high on Fant in the second or draft Okwegbunamm (?)
    DE - Draft one. Bosa, Miller. And then another later. No way is Gruden going to look like an idiot after trading Mack and having to pay a steep price for another lesser player. Use the first over all pick on this position.
    RT - Havent been able to find a decent one since Lincoln Kennedy so I have little faith in either FA or the draft on this one.
    MLB - Draft one. I could make a case for going after Mosley though.
    S - Draft one and could make a case for going after Clinton Dix too if the price is not too high.

    I agree with you. Build the foundation through the draft then plug in holes with FA. Paying high prices for FA is what teams should do if they are looking for a couple extra pieces to complete a championship run. A 4-12 team is not going to turn into a 12-4 team by spending $$ in FA. And the only reason I said I would consider Mosely and Dix is because the Raiders don't seem to pay much attention to those positions since they went out and signed Rod Woodson to complete a run for a title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Mosley is the one player I would over pay to get in here, similar to Rodney Hudson, he would be the leader on the defense, he would be the guy playing 100% of the defensive snaps. He will hold everyone on the defense accountable. You cannot quantify his value by stats alone. Similar to Bobby Wagner, you get him a full new set of defenders, that defense is still solid because he's communicating the scheme to the defense. He's the coach on the field. Basically the QB of the defense. But given that Flacco is elsewhere, they might have the cap space to afford Mosley.

    As for the WR1 spot, I might just go out and buy 2 WR2's, Tyrell Williams, Golden Tate to team up with Nelson, but given the options for WR1.....Jared Cook would be a must resign.
    Both of these are on point. I think we have to build thru the draft and our first pick has to be a DE. I wouldn't mind Mosley if the money made sense (plus re-sign Cook) but the focus should be on building thru the draft.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    Both of these are on point. I think we have to build thru the draft and our first pick has to be a DE. I wouldn't mind Mosley if the money made sense (plus re-sign Cook) but the focus should be on building thru the draft.
    Right on. #buildthroughthedraft

    Use free agency to fill short-term holes. There is the occasional ability to get a guy like Rodney Hudson, but not often.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •