Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raiders may call San Diego home 2019

Raiders may call San Diego home 2019

An hour + flight from the facility in Oakland.... why cant they fall back on Levi or AT&T park and not make every road game a road trip... SMH...

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    An hour + flight from the facility in Oakland.... why cant they fall back on Levi or AT&T park and not make every road game a road trip... SMH...
    SF politicians did not want to interfere with another Municipality's (Oakland) lawsuit with the Raiders, so supposedly, they went to Giants ownership with that concern, so AT&T probably is a no go.

https://sf.curbed.com/2018/12/27/181...awsuit-stadium

play at raider south for a yr THEN VEGAS BABY !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    play at raider south for a yr THEN VEGAS BABY !!!
    Agreed, this is probably the best option. Who knows what Levi's is going to charge, the Niners are supposedly paying 24 million in annual rent. SD charged the Chargers 3 million in 2015. So business wise, it makes a bit more sense to get in to SD.

The only people against the move would probably be Stan and the Chargers....."oh Stan....you did steal LA from us...." I can see any NFL opposition disappearing with a little comment from Mark.

Heck ya!! That'd be awsome!!!

The Jack is pretty rundown now, not sure if it would qualify based on NFL standards. I know Marc has always said no but Levi's makes the most sense and is ready to go. They may only have a handful of 'home' games next year (which would suck) so it might mean only 4-6 games there and the rest in London/Mexico City/Etc.

I like it not far for me at all close to the IE.

Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    The Jack is pretty rundown now, not sure if it would qualify based on NFL standards. I know Marc has always said no but Levi's makes the most sense and is ready to go. They may only have a handful of 'home' games next year (which would suck) so it might mean only 4-6 games there and the rest in London/Mexico City/Etc.
    Can it be any worse then the Coliseum, I'm sure having SDSU playing there for the past couple seasons kept maintenance at a minimum, but knowing they can bring in an NFL team even for 1 year, is motivation enough to patch up the holes and screw in missing seats.

I always felt the Raiders should have gone the way of the Packers and split the schedule between 2 locations, given the A's schedule and field conditions. Oakland would save money from having to convert from baseball to football and vice versa 3-4 times...so Oakland would probably support that. Now in August-September, home games would go to Stanford, if there are any baseball playoff conflict, then any games thereafter would go to Levis....you would think the NFL is smart enough not to schedule both the Raiders and Niners at home at the same time.

In the present, I would think Stanford is a viable option still in the early parts of the season. 2 preseason and 2 regular season games there. 1 game is already going to London, so that's 5 home games at Levi's or the Coliseum.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    SF politicians did not want to interfere with another Municipality's (Oakland) lawsuit with the Raiders, so supposedly, they went to Giants ownership with that concern, so AT&T probably is a no go.

https://sf.curbed.com/2018/12/27/181...awsuit-stadium
    Ok thanks I didnt know that. I guess SD would be a good plan C/D. The 2019 Raiders will log a lot of flight time thats for sure. Marketing wise its not a bad idea to recruit new fans who could later travel to LV. Should we have a good year a lot of former Chargers fans could become Raider fans.
    Last edited by fad; 01-08-2019 at 05:29 PM.