Thread: Haskins Declares! Kiper said possible #1 pick!

Haskins Declares! Kiper said possible #1 pick!

Here it is! Ohio State QB Haskins declares for the draft!

All AZ, SF, Jets, and Raiders fans are hoping he does great this offseason! We all hope his value explodes!

-AZ wants to trade back and pick up valuable picks
    -SF wants Bosa to fall to them
    -Jets would like to trade back if Haskins is available. If not, they are happy Allen is available OR they somewhat reach for a LT.
    -Raiders, valuable Haskins slips to #4? Trade back!
    if heís drafted ahead of us?!? AWESOME!!! 1 of the big 3 fall to us!

Come on Haskins! Letís hope a team REALLY wants to come up and get him! We should all be Haskins fans this offseason.

ESPN article about him coming out
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn....3fplatform=amp

Exactly, QB deprived teams will mine out the next franchise QB and Haskins is it......Goff was not even projected top 5, months prior to the draft and trade. I think if Haskins puts together a solid.....quality pro day, that should cement him in the top 5...so when's the Ohio State Pro Day?

I'm not sold on Haskins, but someone will be

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Exactly, QB deprived teams will mine out the next franchise QB and Haskins is it......Goff was not even projected top 5, months prior to the draft and trade. I think if Haskins puts together a solid.....quality pro day, that should cement him in the top 5...so when's the Ohio State Pro Day?
    He's the QB everyone wanted to come out, other than Herbert. I watched him early in the bowl game and he looked shaky. He turned it around, though, into a very solid performance.

In today's NFL, a QB with pocket presence and a strong arm can succeed. Just look at Mahomes.

I'd have to watch a lot more tape of him to determine if he would be worth taking at #4 and then pick up a couple of high picks for Carr.

The bottom line is we want to field the best, most competitive team next year for the next decade, not just win for a couple of years.

We need to draft D with all 3 1st rd picks!
    Williams to pair with Hurst, a MLBer and a safety/or OLBer

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    after tonight i wouldn't touch Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Oakr8der View Post
    after tonight i wouldn't touch Williams
    Maybe in the 3rd-4th. Draft is too deep with DT's.
    Edge #1
    LB or safety #2 and 3.
    People had Hurst going in the top 5 of the draft and we got him in the 5th round.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    1 interesting note, the top 5 defenses in the NFL are all out.
    This is an offensive league.
    We need to strengthen our D %100 yes! But as our O goes, our team goes.
    We need to solidify that Oline, and get some good young weapons to grow in Grduens O.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    1 interesting note, the top 5 defenses in the NFL are all out.
    This is an offensive league.
    We need to strengthen our D %100 yes! But as our O goes, our team goes.
    We need to solidify that Oline, and get some good young weapons to grow in Grduens O.
    True, rules protect the offense more then the defense, head hunting rules, contact rules, horse collar rule. Also, how much money you want to invest into the defense? Thinking Mack's 2nd contract, do you want to pour that kind of cash, 20-22 million into one position on defense? This is where waiting on Jihad Ward, Calhoun or Mario Edwards is something we can't afford to do with our top 3 rounds, we need players that can come in Day 1 to play.