Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mack the difference maker

Quote Originally Posted by WNYRAIDER View Post
    I have a hard time not thinking that Chicago ended up with what they did, with or without Mack this year based on what i saw from that division. Steep price to pay so far, based on what i saw yesterday when the lights were shining at their brightest....
    easiest schedule this yr too,next yr will be much tougher

Bears got a shot in the playoffs with the best of their players on defense and the QB on a rookie contract. That formula failed.

And the bears defense broke down to allow the Eagles to score the game winning TD.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    And the bears defense broke down to allow the Eagles to score the game winning TD.
    i watched the whole game,a stupid penalty by the safety kept that drive alive,otherwise it 3 n out...game over

ps i think the eagles are thinking team of destiny shit about now

It's not our money so the price of his contract doesn't matter much. It was a great game and the Eagles made the play that sealed the deal and that play was a barely missed field goal tipped by a fingertip. It's a game of inches and that shows why. There is no reason to dog Mack or say he's not worth the contract based on that game. It was a good defensive game.

We were not held hostage by Mack and we have a few chances to replace him with what his return was to us. Let's hope Mayock and Gruden draft well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Is Mack worth the 2 first round picks and huge salary Chicago paid for him? I think they would have been a playoff team this season without him. The Bears are going to have problems when some of there other players start demanding higher salaries. It will be interesting to see the impact of the trade on both teams in 3 years.
    Bears haven't made the playoffs in 8 years? I think they are happy with the trade. They got exactly what they wanted.

Also, the first rd pick they gave up this year ended up being #24.

Next yr, they give up a 1st but they get back our 2nd. The difference between their first and our 2nd this yr is 10 spots. It could be 10 spots next year.
    Last edited by Raidermackin; 01-07-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermackin View Post
    Bears haven't made the playoffs in 8 years? I think they are happy with the trade. They got exactly what they wanted.

Next yr, they give up a 1st but they get back our 2nd. The difference between their first and our 2nd this yr is 10 spots. It could be 10 spots next year.
    Well we'll see how happy they will be. IMO Mack was not the reason they went to the playoffs. He was almost non existent in the last few games. Copper on the other hand was a much bigger reason Dallas is where they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Well we'll see how happy they will be. IMO Mack was not the reason they went to the playoffs. He was almost non existent in the last few games. Copper on the other hand was a much bigger reason Dallas is where they are now.
    Yeah, not sure what that means. They haven't been to the playoffs in 8 years. They haven't been Superbowl contenders since - Kerry Collins? What is it that they're actually risking to be unhappy about? Why are we so worried about Chicago's happiness?

I've never been worried about Chicago's happiness in my life. Why even care now. I think they're happy. They seem to be happy. I'm not waiting for the day they're going to be unhappy. We got what we wanted, they seem to have gotten what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by raidermackin View Post
    bears haven't made the playoffs in 8 years? I think they are happy with the trade. They got exactly what they wanted.

its not only that,its a 1st and 3rd for our 2nd plus this yr we get their #24 plus a 6th i believe and 30 million in cap space

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    its not only that,its a 1st and 3rd for our 2nd plus this yr we get their #24 plus a 6th i believe and 30 million in cap space
    This discussion isn't about what we got - this discussion is about whether the Bears are happy/not happy with what they gave up for Mack.

Yeah, so basically, you can say the Bears gave up #24 this year, and next year, they move back maybe 10 spots (or so) from their 1st rd pick, and they gave up a 3rd and a 5th for Mack.

Not as bad as saying they gave up 2 first rd picks.