Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Compensation for AB?

Compensation for AB?

Good day to you Nation! With AB due a bonus in the middle of March, signs point to AB being moved before this key date. I believe it's March 13 when he has 2.5 or so coming to him in the form of a roster bonus.

I was high on the idea of AB coming to Oakland, but with all the drama following this guy around, I have cooled my jets a little bit. I do think the right environment and with a coach and QB AB respects, he can and will thrive in this culture. Gruden already respects the heck out of AB, and Carr has the highest character probably in the entire league. Translation, AB would respect Carr.

But I got to thinking, if Jarvis Landry only went for a 4th and 7th rounder, it's hard for me to think with AB on the wrong side of 30, all the drama, and antics over the years, that he will go for top dollar. Landry was a record setting WR himself and much younger as well and you see what he went for.

I would still take a chance on AB, but with all the concerns I just mentioned, I would only do it if the compensation was right. It sounds like neither the Steelers or AB have as much leverage as each of them would want. We know AB will be gone at this point, but at what price is the question of the day?

I could totally see compensation in the ball park of what the Phins got for Landry, give or take. What do you all think?

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    Good day to you Nation! With AB due a bonus in the middle of March, signs point to AB being moved before this key date. I believe it's March 13 when he has 2.5 or so coming to him in the form of a roster bonus.

I was high on the idea of AB coming to Oakland, but with all the drama following this guy around, I have cooled my jets a little bit. I do think the right environment and with a coach and QB AB respects, he can and will thrive in this culture. Gruden already respects the heck out of AB, and Carr has the highest character probably in the entire league. Translation, AB would respect Carr.

But I got to thinking, if Jarvis Landry only went for a 4th and 7th rounder, it's hard for me to think with AB on the wrong side of 30, all the drama, and antics over the years, that he will go for top dollar. Landry was a record setting WR himself and much younger as well and you see what he went for.

I would still take a chance on AB, but with all the concerns I just mentioned, I would only do it if the compensation was right. It sounds like neither the Steelers or AB have as much leverage as each of them would want. We know AB will be gone at this point, but at what price is the question of the day?

I could totally see compensation in the ball park of what the Phins got for Landry, give or take. What do you all think?

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!
    my thoughts exactly offer em a 3rd and get it done,eliminates a huge need for us too in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    my thoughts exactly offer em a 3rd and get it done,eliminates a huge need for us too in the draft
    They will get a hell of a lot more then a 3rd for AB.

If AB doesn't want to play for the Raiders, he won't play for the Raiders. Randy Moss #2.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    They will get a hell of a lot more then a 3rd for AB.
    i doubt that,age and contract plus time limit on bonus has most teams low balling offers imo

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    If AB doesn't want to play for the Raiders, he won't play for the Raiders. Randy Moss #2.
    ab is not randy moss,dudes provene that for 5 yrs straight avg 110 rec 1350 yds and 12 tds

ab is not randy moss,dudes provene that for 5 yrs straight avg 110 rec 1350 yds and 12 tds
    My point was, if the Steelers trade him to a team he doesn't want to go to, he'll purposely drop balls, run wrong routes, and be an overall bad team mate.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    My point was, if the Steelers trade him to a team he doesn't want to go to, he'll purposely drop balls, run wrong routes, and be an overall bad team mate.
    Or just plain don't even show up for the biggest game of the year.

What does he do when he averages 12 catches for a buck 50 and 2 touches, yet we're 1-4. He threw in the towel on a team on the cusp of a playoff berth.....1-4, check out time.

i doubt that,age and contract plus time limit on bonus has most teams low balling offers imo
    All it takes is one team. I never thought the Raiders would get a 1st for Amari Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    All it takes is one team. I never thought the Raiders would get a 1st for Amari Cooper.
    Jerrah was desperate, after that bad loss. I think the Steelers just have to source out some info, Niners offering their 2nd rounder, which probably forces a desperate team to give up that 1st.