Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AB to the Raiders makes a ton of sense!

AB to the Raiders makes a ton of sense!

Good day to you Nation! By now we have all heard about the Antonio Brown situation in Pittsburgh. Everything I'm hearing and reading is it's a forgone conclusion AB will be traded. But to which team? As far as the Raiders go, there are more reasons pointing to Raiders than any other team in football. This doesn't mean he will be traded to the Raiders, as many factors and variables take into account when trading a player. But here are the more reasons why the Raiders make the most sense, and if there is another team out there with more reasons than the Raiders, please feel free to name that team and the reasons why he could go there.

Here's the list of reasons why the Raiders make the most sense.

1. Draft capital. The Raiders have more than any team in football. Moving a late first rounder, or a 2 and 5 for AB, would still leave us with plenty in the upcoming draft, unlike other teams as it would deplete them.

2. The need for a #1 WR. With Cooper in Dallas, we have yet to fill this void. AB and the attention he gets would do wonders for this offense!

3. Trade history. Gruden already did a deal with Pitt last year for Antonio Bryant. So the trade lines are open and healthy with these two football teams.

4. Cap space. The Raiders have the 4th most in football. AB's contract could easily fit into our structure.

5. AB's respect for Carr, unlike his respect for Big Ben.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ractice-field/

https://twitter.com/raiderposts/stat...YiEauM4S1sEu-I

6. AB wanting respect. And Chucky has already given AB a ton of respect. Start this at the 2:39 mark.

Bottom line is AB has issue with Big Ben and Tomlin to a degree. Big Ben has had character issues for a while now. AB feels disrespected and wants out. Carr probably has the best character in the entire league! And Chucky has openly given AB the praise and respect he deserves.

There comes a little bit of baggage with AB, would could lower his price tag to a degree. But with the respect that Chucky, Carr, and now Mike Mayock command, I don't think you would see the antics with the Raiders that you have seen with the Steelers from AB. It all comes down to respect IMO.

I maintain this is a one year re-boot. Landing AB would further validate these thoughts.

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!

We already gifted the Steelers a 3rd for Bryant.
    The next 4 WRs that we’re picked after our pick that was given to the Steelers were Michael Gallop, Tr’Quan Smith, Keke Coutee, & Antonio Callaway.
    All nice young WRs that will be important young pieces for their teams going forward. I’d love to have one of those guys on the Raiders.

Brown will be 31. If he was turning 27 or 28 then ya! But giving away a premium cost controlled picks makes me nervous.

On the other hand, the free agent class is getting smaller.
    2 positions of need, Safety and DE are getting thinner. Clowney & the honey badger are about to be resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    Good day to you Nation! By now we have all heard about the Antonio Brown situation in Pittsburgh. Everything I'm hearing and reading is it's a forgone conclusion AB will be traded. But to which team? As far as the Raiders go, there are more reasons pointing to Raiders than any other team in football. This doesn't mean he will be traded to the Raiders, as many factors and variables take into account when trading a player. But here are the more reasons why the Raiders make the most sense, and if there is another team out there with more reasons than the Raiders, please feel free to name that team and the reasons why he could go there.

Here's the list of reasons why the Raiders make the most sense.

1. Draft capital. The Raiders have more than any team in football. Moving a late first rounder, or a 2 and 5 for AB, would still leave us with plenty in the upcoming draft, unlike other teams as it would deplete them.

2. The need for a #1 WR. With Cooper in Dallas, we have yet to fill this void. AB and the attention he gets would do wonders for this offense!

3. Trade history. Gruden already did a deal with Pitt last year for Antonio Bryant. So the trade lines are open and healthy with these two football teams.

4. Cap space. The Raiders have the 4th most in football. AB's contract could easily fit into our structure.

5. AB's respect for Carr, unlike his respect for Big Ben.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ractice-field/

https://twitter.com/raiderposts/stat...YiEauM4S1sEu-I

6. AB wanting respect. And Chucky has already given AB a ton of respect. Start this at the 2:39 mark.

Bottom line is AB has issue with Big Ben and Tomlin to a degree. Big Ben has had character issues for a while now. AB feels disrespected and wants out. Carr probably has the best character in the entire league! And Chucky has openly given AB the praise and respect he deserves.

There comes a little bit of baggage with AB, would could lower his price tag to a degree. But with the respect that Chucky, Carr, and now Mike Mayock command, I don't think you would see the antics with the Raiders that you have seen with the Steelers from AB. It all comes down to respect IMO.

I maintain this is a one year re-boot. Landing AB would further validate these thoughts.

martavis bryant

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    We already gifted the Steelers a 3rd for Bryant.
    The next 4 WRs that we’re picked after our pick that was given to the Steelers were Michael Gallop, Tr’Quan Smith, Keke Coutee, & Antonio Callaway.
    All nice young WRs that will be important young pieces for their teams going forward. I’d love to have one of those guys on the Raiders.

Brown will be 31. If he was turning 27 or 28 then ya! But giving away a premium cost controlled picks makes me nervous.

On the other hand, the free agent class is getting smaller.
    2 positions of need, Safety and DE are getting thinner. Clowney & the honey badger are about to be resigned.
    We might get a little bit of a better deal because of how the Bryant trade turned out. Although, Bryant could still come back.

Brown is only 30 years old. The shelf life for receivers can go well into their mid thirties without decline. Especially for the 'hardest working WR in the league' and 'hardest worker he's ever seen'.

Brown also is making 15.1 next year, 11.3 in 2020, and 12.5 in 2021. This is a bargain for a WR his caliber.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5698/antonio-brown

If the compensation is right, make the deal!

Brown will be 31 before the 1st preseason game next year.
    A team friendly contract yes but what’s to say in a year or 2 he holds out for a bigger contract?

Another hard worker (without the baggage) is Larry Fitzgerald. He’s been very steady going into his mid 30s. But he is NOT the dominant Larry Fitz like he was in his 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Brown will be 31 before the 1st preseason game next year.
    A team friendly contract yes but what’s to say in a year or 2 he holds out for a bigger contract?

Another hard worker (without the baggage) is Larry Fitzgerald. He’s been very steady going into his mid 30s. But he is NOT the dominant Larry Fitz like he was in his 20s.
    I think Chucky and Mike Mayock will have a firm understanding with AB on what they expect from him before he gets here, if he does. And after next year, AB would keep more of his money anyway playing in tax free Nevada.

Fitz will be 36 right before the season starts. But didn't Jerry Rice have a pro-bowl year at 39 under Gruden? Why not go get both of them?

We need more than one!

No way Larry Fitzgerald leaves Arizona. He’ll retire there

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolinaRaider View Post
    Agree. He can run for Governor in Zona

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolinaRaider View Post
    ab will be just like larry fitz but more explosive longer due to his size and skill set as an great route runner with shake

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Agree. He can run for Governor in Zona
    i agree larry is one of the good guys in the n.f.l his career as a potential commentator or even coach is off the charts,already been teaching wr how to run routes and make catches for yrs at his annual clinic