Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AB to the Raiders makes a ton of sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Bigger WRs tend to break down quicker.
    He’s saying AB might be able to last longer because he’s not a big 6’4 WR
    this is exactly what im saying,even if ab loses speed he can turninto a slot type later in his career and since he is a great route runner he would still put up 80-90 rec a yr and be dangerous in the open field vs nickel cb and safeties

I don’t see AB and Gruden co existing well, will be interesting to see who is interested, if Pittsburgh decides to put him on the block, lot of talent,no doubt but also lot of drama ang BS

Quote Originally Posted by Pawneee View Post
    I don’t see AB and Gruden co existing well, will be interesting to see who is interested, if Pittsburgh decides to put him on the block, lot of talent,no doubt but also lot of drama ang BS
    watch new england will get him

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    You very well could be right, he may be able to be reigned in there

Quote Originally Posted by Pawneee View Post
    You very well could be right, he may be able to be reigned in there
    imagine a combo of dhop and ab with watson a mobile qb

imagine a combo of dhop and ab with watson a mobile qb
    Would be insane and maybe O’Brien could get it done, he seems to be a no nonsense kind of coach,

Call me crazy but what about we make a run at AB and BELL?

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    Good day to you Nation! By now we have all heard about the Antonio Brown situation in Pittsburgh. Everything I'm hearing and reading is it's a forgone conclusion AB will be traded. But to which team? As far as the Raiders go, there are more reasons pointing to Raiders than any other team in football. This doesn't mean he will be traded to the Raiders, as many factors and variables take into account when trading a player. But here are the more reasons why the Raiders make the most sense, and if there is another team out there with more reasons than the Raiders, please feel free to name that team and the reasons why he could go there.

Here's the list of reasons why the Raiders make the most sense.

1. Draft capital. The Raiders have more than any team in football. Moving a late first rounder, or a 2 and 5 for AB, would still leave us with plenty in the upcoming draft, unlike other teams as it would deplete them.

2. The need for a #1 WR. With Cooper in Dallas, we have yet to fill this void. AB and the attention he gets would do wonders for this offense!

3. Trade history. Gruden already did a deal with Pitt last year for Antonio Bryant. So the trade lines are open and healthy with these two football teams.

4. Cap space. The Raiders have the 4th most in football. AB's contract could easily fit into our structure.

5. AB's respect for Carr, unlike his respect for Big Ben.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ractice-field/

https://twitter.com/raiderposts/stat...YiEauM4S1sEu-I

6. AB wanting respect. And Chucky has already given AB a ton of respect. Start this at the 2:39 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csKV2j6CZ_Y

Bottom line is AB has issue with Big Ben and Tomlin to a degree. Big Ben has had character issues for a while now. AB feels disrespected and wants out. Carr probably has the best character in the entire league! And Chucky has openly given AB the praise and respect he deserves.

There comes a little bit of baggage with AB, would could lower his price tag to a degree. But with the respect that Chucky, Carr, and now Mike Mayock command, I don't think you would see the antics with the Raiders that you have seen with the Steelers from AB. It all comes down to respect IMO.

I maintain this is a one year re-boot. Landing AB would further validate these thoughts.

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!
    https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-ra...ice-127670938/

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!

Quote Originally Posted by war_material View Post
    Call me crazy but what about we make a run at AB and BELL?
    im all for that and we can easily fit both into the cap and still use our picks to get better everywhere and younger with speed too

New England doesn't want his drama. The Jets or Redskins. Redskins are always involved in older players with red flags.