Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thought it to be interesting

Thought it to be interesting

In his introductory presser....Mike Mayock was very non committal when asked about Carr as our QB going forward. He just simply said they would EVALUATE the position. To me....I would verbally say we are behind him...and he is a big part of our plans moving forward. I thought and expected him to say something like that (even if he had some reserves). My question is this. Do you think he could influence Gruden IF Mike wanted to go in another direction. Or do you think that Gruden is absolutely set on Carr. I know Gruden has the final say.

Does Mayock know anything about Carr? Has he watched him play this year? I think he was just being honest. He's not going to make a commitment until he has more information.

Well he's only been with the team a few days so I don't expect him to make a commitment to any player.
    Although you are right. The correct response to any player is "he' a big part of our plans moving forward." Which could also mean, cutting or trading any player or coach. Mack was a big part of plans moving forward and so was Cooper. Look what we got for them.

I agree Mayock comment was right on he needs time to evaluate before can respond on any player.

He was just being honest, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Does Mayock know anything about Carr? Has he watched him play this year? I think he was just being honest. He's not going to make a commitment until he has more information.
    He was complimentary of Carr but everyone has to be evaluated. He hasn’t finished watching tale of every game.
    He’s a college player expert. (Obviously why he was brought on board). He’ll need to get up to speed on NFL players now.

Along with Gruden, he’s a 18 hour a day football tape junkie. These 2 are the Kobe Bryant of prep. Kobe was adored by fans in part because they knew nobody worked as hard as he did in NBA history. That’s both Gruden and Mayock. It’s great having 2 guys running the team with that incredible work ethic and non stop passion of what they do....and they are doing it for our Raiders. We’re lucky to have them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Gruden has verbally endorsed Carr as our future. I just thought Mike would do the same as he was introduced as our new GM. He and Gruden can have all the conversations they want behind closed doors. I was just surprised.....that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    Gruden has verbally endorsed Carr as our future. I just thought Mike would do the same as he was introduced as our new GM. He and Gruden can have all the conversations they want behind closed doors. I was just surprised.....that's all.
    Well Gruden verbally endorses everyone - probably even his trash pick up guy. No reason to believe anything he says. Let's see it on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    I can appreciate that. The response he gave was honest and I like that. Could he have also been saying I will draw my own conclusions and I'm not hear to be Gruden's mouth piece.

carr is going nowhere,this class of qbs coming out is very weak and none of em could replace carr or learn gruden playbook,taking a rookie would set our team back 2-3 yrs imo