Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Giants want Carr. What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by CMB223 View Post
    Laughable that people rather have Nick freakin Foles over Carr
    Really? Foles isnt pretty but he actually shows up in big games as opposed to Carr who folds like a wet diaper at the first sign of pressure. Carr is into self preservation before carrying any team

Gotta admit. Foles knows how to win. In a way he reminds me of Gannon. Completely different players, but when Gannon as a back up came into a game, he was a force to recon with. His win with KC over the Raiders was why Al Davis picked him.

I would do it if the picks were right. Then sign Joe Flacco...and draft your future franchise QB in 2020
    I hope I didn't brain my damage...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Yes Raiders can trade Carr if the deal blows us away. Then we grab a veteran like Bridgewater or some other vet that is intelligent and can run Grudens offense. Then it gives us opportunity to get a legit rookie QB - possibly Haskins or Lock.. I truly think in todays NFL you need a dual threat QB like Haskins and a stout D to make it to the big game year in and year out. What we dont have with Carr is the ability to make something good happen when blocking/ pass protection breaks down. He is too much of a statue and has terrible pocket presence. A dual threat QB along with a good running game and stout D.. that is the recipe in my mind

Haskins is not duel threat ... hes a stiff who has 1 year experience, has 10 seconds to throw the ball at Ohio St ... wont be like that in the pros

Hes a big gamble for any team who takes him imo

Grier is my favorite QB in this draft ... if we trade Carr, I want Greir

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    What is more interesting is why are there teams thinking that Carr is up for a trade? Not just teams but bloggers.
    a respected insider from another forum (that you probably visit too ) said last week that Gruden let it be known that Carr could be on the market. and that the starting point would be a 1st rounder for Carr. The guy has sources inside the Raiders, is usually right with his information, but take this info however you want given the circumstances of being on a fan forum an all.

Quote Originally Posted by NASSIMTHEDREAM View Post
    Haskins is not duel threat ... hes a stiff who has 1 year experience, has 10 seconds to throw the ball at Ohio St ... wont be like that in the pros

Hes a big gamble for any team who takes him imo

Grier is my favorite QB in this draft ... if we trade Carr, I want Greir
    I don't watch much college ball at all, but i did see Clemsons QB last week and he looked pretty dam good. whens that guy coming out ?

Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    I don't watch much college ball at all, but i did see Clemsons QB last week and he looked pretty dam good. whens that guy coming out ?
    He’s just a true freshman. He was the top rated player coming out of HS, some said he’s a generational type talent QB coming out.
    So ya he’s a super stud.
    But the NFL will have to wait for 2021 at the earliest.

As bad as this 2019 QB class will be, it’ll be the complete opposite in 2020 and 21. Some franchise changers in those classes

Quote Originally Posted by xramfan View Post
    Really? Foles isnt pretty but he actually shows up in big games as opposed to Carr who folds like a wet diaper at the first sign of pressure. Carr is into self preservation before carrying any team
    Funny you say that because I’ve seen Carr stand in the pocket and make several throws. There may have been some times where it may seem like he “folds” but let’s see how Foles would do with two rookie tackles, no weapons, and gets sacked 51 times. Foles is a product of that system. I don’t think he’d have that same success with this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB223 View Post
    Funny you say that because I’ve seen Carr stand in the pocket and make several throws. There may have been some times where it may seem like he “folds” but let’s see how Foles would do with two rookie tackles, no weapons, and gets sacked 51 times. Foles is a product of that system. I don’t think he’d have that same success with this roster.
    Or product of the city? He hasn’t done much when he leaves Philly

I would say NO and not only NO but F NO!!