Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insight into Ben Roethlisberger/Antonio Brown situation

Insight into Ben Roethlisberger/Antonio Brown situation

Don't be surprised if Antonio Brown is traded. I would like to share some insight I've gleaned about Ben Roethlisberger over the past few years.

A few years ago, I had a job in which I had to fly a lot. I was Chairman's Club by March or April, as I flew every week, so I had a chance to sit in first class with some really cool people.

On one flight, I'm talking football with a guy who told me that he had played in several golf foursomes with pro football players. At one event, he was playing with a player for the Steelers, who told him about players like Jerome Bettis, Hines Ward, etc. Every name this guy brought up, the player would make some glowing remark about his teammate, like "He's a great guy," or "I love playing with him." Finally, the guy I talked with on the plane brought up Ben Roethlisberger to the Steeler. Ben's teammate said, "No comment." After considerable prodding, the teammate finally opened up. "He's an ass. He's an ass to his fans, he's an ass to his teammates. He's just an ass."

A year or so later, I'm on another plane, and I'm sitting besideanother Steeler fan. Without my saying anything about the other guy I talked with, this guy tells me a story about a friend of his, a HUGE fan of Roethlisberger, who saw him out at a mall or restaurant one day. So, this friend of the guy sitting beside me on the plane tells me his friend goes up and says, "Hey Ben!" because he was a huge fan of his. All at once, Ben's entourage surrounds him, and Roethlisberger steps up to the fan and tells him to "Get the fuck out of my face." The guy I was talking with said his friend was very disappointed, as he had met other celebrities and had never been treated with such rudeness and cockiness.

Now to the third story. I'm working with a young woman at a small business. She tells me a story about going down to the Steeler lockerroom after a game or practice. She said she was excited to see Ben Roethlisberger, and stood beside him for a picture.

Just as her friend was about to take the picture, Roethlisberger TRIES TO GRAB HER ASS. She apparently nearly slapped him and yelled at him that "no you're not going to do THAT." She said she was 18 at the time of the incident.

Those are three different stories from three entirely different people. I have heard a lot more about Roethlisberger from news media, who say that he clearly has an attitude. We've also heard about allegations of rape and sexual misconduct.

What are the chances of three terrible stories about the same player from three different people months and even years apart?

I heard bad things about Roethlisberger as well. I don't like to see players get physically injured during a game, but he is the exception. Anybody know what he said to Seymour before he got punched in the mouth during a Raider/ Steelers game years ago?

Maybe when he was 24, but I call bullshit. He is a good man who has done a lot foe the Pittsburgh community. To try and put this as a Ben problem and not an AB problem is ridiculous.

Well I pretty much believe 41 because I've seen the same things with Tim Brown and Jerry rice. The only cool sports guy recently I met was Shaq. All these young ones need to just put it on the field. i didn't know who either of them were because they looked similar. But when I found out, they were worse than Fay Dunaway. Shaq was the nicest. Also Terrell Davis. One of the nicest sports celebs I met.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    I heard bad things about Roethlisberger as well. I don't like to see players get physically injured during a game, but he is the exception. Anybody know what he said to Seymour before he got punched in the mouth during a Raider/ Steelers game years ago?
    Not sure what he said but Seymore barely slapped the side of his head and he went to the fetal position like he was dying of E coli and cancer. Ben is a drama queen.

How many times has Ben held the franchise for ransom with threatening to retire at the end of seasons? It's not all one sided but Ben has been a problem with the team. The bigger problem is that the coach cannot control anything in that locker room.

I think these stories are believable but I dont think its really relevant to if the Steelers would or wouldnt trade Antonio Brown. This has a huge salary structure impact for the team. He will be a major hit on the cap on or off the team from what I have been able to understand. Like 22 M$ ON roster or 21 M$ OFF roster. You think they want to go into 2019 without one of their best and with that amount of dead money?... I dont know how they could do that but who knows.

That said if he was available Im all for it. They can have one of the Cowboys/Bears 1st round picks and maybe another later pick. AB is the type of player we are desperate for.

When I was 11 or 12 I asked Lawrence Taylor for his autograph at training camp. I snuck into the cafeteria and wasn't supposed to be there. LT was late to practice and was getting talked to by one of his coaches, could of been Belichek. Don't remember. LT then yelled at me to get the F out of there. I almost dropped a deuce in my pants. I thought he was going to kill me. LT was later suspended by the NFL.

Yep he's grown up some

Quote Originally Posted by Haji81872 View Post
    Maybe when he was 24, but I call bullshit. He is a good man who has done a lot foe the Pittsburgh community. To try and put this as a Ben problem and not an AB problem is ridiculous.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that these stories were told to me. It is not bullshit. Maybe he has grown up some, after getting married, but my God man. To have a teammate say that he's an ass to his teammates? As for the fan, I can understand an athlete or celebrity out for dinner not wanting to be interrupted. But trying to grab the ass of an 18 year old girl that's trying to get a picture taken with him? Seriously? I can tell you that I worked with this woman for a couple of years; she was in her early 20s then, so it wasn't THAT long ago. BR was in his early 30s!

We don't know what occurred with AB and BR All we do know is that BR had numerous issues early in his career, issues that probably would have gotten him suspended today, and that these issues are not the only ones circulating around that team.

All I'm saying is that although AB appears to be a diva, there may be a lot more to this story. The Steelers have always protected BR, to the detriment of the rest of the team. There ARE issues in their locker room and many of them may have to do with BR and Tomlin letting BR's attitude and actions slide. In fact, ESPN did a segment on the Steelers and discussed some of these issues in their locker room.

If you recall, when Seymour decked BR, it wasn't like his entire offensive line came to his defense, either. Tells you a lot.
    Last edited by raiderman41; 01-02-2019 at 04:44 AM.

My wife worked for a company that put on card hows (baseball cards/football cards/etc.) and she was in charge of working with the athletes when they came to the shows to sign autographs. Most were respectful but there were a handful that definitely expected more. One funny story was when she picked up Ted Williams for a show (in a Limo) and Ted's son was with him. Ted tried to set his son up with my wife (then girlfriend) but she was not in to it. Kind of sad when you need your dad to help you score a chick.