Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raiders here Mike Mayock as GM

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Curious how he values each round. Does he just blow up the 1st round and load up on mass quantities on 2nd and 3rd rounders? Looking for something weird to happen
    Me too. Because he always says things like "I put him at #20 but he could go early to late round in the 2nd".

Curious how he values each round. Does he just blow up the 1st round and load up on mass quantities on 2nd and 3rd rounders? Looking for something weird to happen
    Given Gruden's love of rookies I can see them move a pick or two into 2020.

I can see him dropping a few spots from the fourth spot to around eight to ten to acquire a third this year and a second next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Given Gruden's love of rookies I can see them move a pick or two into 2020.

I can see him dropping a few spots from the fourth spot to around eight to ten to acquire a third this year and a second next year.
    And with Mayock on board to evaluate talent, this may very well be the right move

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post

If all 3 elite D-lineman are gone in front of us (Bosa, Q, Allen). Then YES!!!! TRADE DOWN PLEASE!!!!
    Would be a mess if they were taken though. I’d only be satisfied with a trade down in this scenario

If all 3 elite D-lineman are gone in front of us (Bosa, Q, Allen). Then YES!!!! TRADE DOWN PLEASE!!!!
    Would be a mess if they were taken though. I’d only be satisfied with a trade down in this scenario
    well trading down to one of the teams in need of qb would be awesome we could get an xtra 2nd and another 1st in 2020 giving 3,1's in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    well trading down to one of the teams in need of qb would be awesome we could get an xtra 2nd and another 1st in 2020 giving 3,1's in 2020
    Agree, now let’s get our offseason QB prospect cheering hats on. Let’s hope someone explodes up the board!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pawneee View Post
    And with Mayock on board to evaluate talent, this may very well be the right move
    Going to miss watching him on NFL Network come draft time. Definitely one of the best in the game...
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    That would be ideal. I doubt that anyone hires Reggie for a GM job. He will get interviews but no tackers.
    Is there any GM jobs actually open?

Well, there's been several fans that have questioned Reggie's picks in the past (and rightly so). From drafting already injured players to drafting out and out head scratchers. Hopefully, we see the last of the Reggie Reaches. I was tired of reading how we could of picked up that player several rounds later. I'm looking forward to a draft that takes into consideration a players traits and what kinds of traits are the coaching staff looking for. How does this player fit into what the coach is looking for. In my opinion, Reggie reached way too many times. I will give Reggie credit for getting the Raiders out of Cap Hell. And it was really really bad. But, we're out of Cap Hell now and it's time to retain a GM that can evaluate talent. We really need to nail this and next year's drafts! I, for one, am looking forward to the reshaping of the Oakland Raiders!!!