Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denico Autry forgoten one!

Denico Autry forgoten one!

8 sacks on the year, AFC defensive player of the Week!

He was a good player for us too this is a shame SMH. Best pass rusher behind Mack & Irvin the last couple years.

Im not going to blame the organization because he went in FA before the entire Mack deal. But had we known what was about to happen I would have loved to keep him.

And that was a big problem with RM. A lot of his project players are getting better on the 2nd contract but we dont see the benefit of it.

Coaches are in charge of player development. Reggie brings the players in.

He's not forgotten. We didn't have the cap space to extend him. The plan was still to extend Mack at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    He's not forgotten. We didn't have the cap space to extend him. The plan was still to extend Mack at that time.
    I know Im just saying we lost an opportunity to keep him because the process with Mack took so long. But Im not blaming anyone. Its just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Coaches are in charge of player development. Reggie brings the players in.
    well del rio and company never developed anyone,mack was already a stud before he got here and amari was a good wr when he got here but got worse over the yrs showing we never developed him either,outside of musgrave our o guru our defense got worse under knj/del rio and special teams got worse too

Damn... Reggie gets blamed because Autry blossomed elsewhere... To some people everything is Reggie's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by suckmyeyepatch View Post
    Damn... Reggie gets blamed because Autry blossomed elsewhere... To some people everything is Reggie's fault.
    Which is why I was for him leaving or getting fired. I hope they don't bring in anyone else to be a scape goat going forward. Time for Mark and Jon to own this shit. For good or bad.

do we get a comp pick for him?

Quote Originally Posted by EricAllen21 View Post
    do we get a comp pick for him?
    A May article suggests that we are not. Guess we signed better free agents(Nelson, Whitehead) then we lost(Autry, Carrie).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...2019-nfl-draft

Not too long ago, our scraps were out of the league once they left the Raiders. Now, not so much and severa have excelled with new teams. Autry is a prime example of this...
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL