Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders OT Donald Penn back at practice

He struggled at RT yes, but did he actually come back fully healthy?

unless the teams interested in keeping him next year what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    He struggled at RT yes, but did he actually come back fully healthy?
    He did missed the first 2-3 weeks of camp, I think he first got on the field mid-August....that is when he learned about the change to RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    He did missed the first 2-3 weeks of camp, I think he first got on the field mid-August....that is when he learned about the change to RT.
    I’m sure he heard from the grape vine about the possible switch earlier. Though he didn’t have a full healthy offseason to prepare for the right side.
    He had to push hard to get back healthy enough to play, since we had NONODY to man that right side game #1.
    It’s the tough OL mentality, like Miller throughout the year at LT, take it up and get your ass out there! Injured or not.
    Maybe a full offseason of health and working on technique at RT, maybe he comes back looking good next year.
    At worst we have some nice vet depth. We have the extra cap room for that luxury, so we’ll see.

Donald had a rough start to the season and everything was stacked against him; health, position change, getting older, personnal life I believe wasnt right… If we give him the chance maybe he can bounce back. That would be a big help this year but also in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    I’m sure he heard from the grape vine about the possible switch earlier.
    Not sure if it was a grape vine. It was the draft. I remember him confronting Gruden as to why they took a LT with their first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieinblack View Post
    unless the teams interested in keeping him next year what's the point?
    If he plays well at RT, the Raiders could trade him or keep him another year. They have the cap space. If he has nothing left they cut him at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    If he plays well at RT, the Raiders could trade him or keep him another year. They have the cap space. If he has nothing left they cut him at the end of the season.
    Penn has zero trade value.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    That sounds like what they are doing.