Top two QB ratings were 114.6 and 95.2
    Lowest QB rating was 62.8
    Completed 75% or more of his passes in 1 game

In games 7-12, Derek Carr:
    Threw 9 TDs vs. 0 INTs
    Top two QB ratings were 136.6 and 123.2
    Lowest QB rating was 74.9
    Completed 75% or more of his passes in 3 games

Carr has improved dramatically in this system as the season has progressed, although his top receivers have been traded or injured. He is playing more consistently, hitting a higher percentage of his passes and throwing more TDs, while throwing significantly fewer INTs.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    In games 1-6, Derek Carr:
    Threw 7 TDs vs. 8 INTs
    Top two QB ratings were 114.6 and 95.2
    Lowest QB rating was 62.8
    Completed 75% or more of his passes in 1 game

In games 7-12, Derek Carr:
    Threw 9 TDs vs. 0 INTs
    Top two QB ratings were 136.6 and 123.2
    Lowest QB rating was 74.9
    Completed 75% or more of his passes in 3 games

Carr has improved dramatically in this system as the season has progressed, although his top receivers have been traded or injured. He is playing more consistently, hitting a higher percentage of his passes and throwing more TDs, while throwing significantly fewer INTs.
    Nah facts don’t matter he’s the problem and needs to be replaced next year /s

And thats a big takeaway from this season. Our guy is just fine!

Build a team around him and he will win a lot of games. Like that needed to be somehow proven again. He did it not 2 years ago.

A lot of us fans, myself included, have wanted to see more from Carr this year and he will be the man when the Raiders can get to the Win column. At this point, it’s good to point out his progression, but the details are sketchy when it comes to his statistics.

Bottom line is that he is going to be here next season and we should see him continue to trend upward. The consistency of another year under the same offense with more reps means more than any stat sheet could reveal. Continuing the upward trend during a lost season where we are “tanking” means more than any isolated statistic. Gruden and Carr are figuring this out now and building something for the future.

It’s important to pivot here with your franchise QB already on the field because you can build around him knowing that the position is secure. He’s been up and down, but I really like what I’ve seen from Carr. It’s on Gruden and Reggie to get the pieces he needs to continue to trend upward, then dominate.

Carr has improved since CHUCKY came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Imasmashu View Post
    A lot of us fans, myself included, have wanted to see more from Carr this year and he will be the man when the Raiders can get to the Win column. At this point, itĀ’s good to point out his progression, but the details are sketchy when it comes to his statistics.

Bottom line is that he is going to be here next season and we should see him continue to trend upward. The consistency of another year under the same offense with more reps means more than any stat sheet could reveal. Continuing the upward trend during a lost season where we are Ā“tankingĀ” means more than any isolated statistic. Gruden and Carr are figuring this out now and building something for the future.

ItĀ’s important to pivot here with your franchise QB already on the field because you can build around him knowing that the position is secure. HeĀ’s been up and down, but I really like what IĀ’ve seen from Carr. ItĀ’s on Gruden and Reggie to get the pieces he needs to continue to trend upward, then dominate.
    It's very clear it's taken Carr some time to get comfortable in this offense. His stats are so much better now than they were the first part of the season -- even with trading Cooper, even with injuries to Jordy and Martavis Bryant, even with his left tackle struggling because an injury. Imagine what he can do with a year in this system and more weapons, including a long-term answer at RB who can move the chains?

I have to admit I was ready to give up on a Carr after six weeks. He was throwing more INTS than TDs and just didn't seem to be the same Carr. But he's turned it around and if he continues to put up good numbers, we appear to have the most vital piece in place during this rebuild -- our QB.

It's very clear it's taken Carr some time to get comfortable in this offense. His stats are so much better now than they were the first part of the season -- even with trading Cooper, even with injuries to Jordy and Martavis Bryant, even with his left tackle struggling because an injury. Imagine what he can do with a year in this system and more weapons, including a long-term answer at RB who can move the chains?

I have to admit I was ready to give up on a Carr after six weeks. He was throwing more INTS than TDs and just didn't seem to be the same Carr. But he's turned it around and if he continues to put up good numbers, we appear to have the most vital piece in place during this rebuild -- our QB.
    We'll see, I'm not ready to give up on Carr, nor am I ready to not give up on Carr. I need to continue seeing progress consistently from him - not just statistically but how he plays. Still, it is a good sign and going in the right direction.

Exactly my thinking as well. I mean you look at those first drives, where from the Bill Walsh book, you script the first 15 plays. There is an emphasis on opening strong and we've done that post Niner game. Our first drives have been consistently moving the ball downfield. It's after that where we have problems, we just don't have the horses to hang in a full game. Another offseason of adding the pieces to the mix. Miller with a year under his belt, a battle at RT. What to do with KO? Resign Cook? Who's do we get as the #1 WR, #2 WR, the RB's if no Lynch, who's going to be the "bellcow?" Lots of holes, but go to one score of KC?

He's playing well lately and he needs to put those types of performances together consistently.

Carr can score with the limited weapons he has. I'd put a priority on fixing the defense so the other team scores less.