Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Today's officiating

  1. #1

    Today's officiating

    I have to say, I really don't know what the NFL rules are anymore.

    I watched Arden Key get flagged for touching a QB earlier in the season and I watched a Raider lineman flagged for roughing the passer by putting some (not all) of his body weight on a QB during a sack. Today, I watched Derek Carr get hit three or four times AFTER he had thrown the ball today and didn't see a flag. Not once. On one play in particular, it was like the NFL was calling the game "old school," where you didn't call roughing the passer even though the QB had gotten rid of the ball, but the player was within two steps and could still hit the QB.

    I watched a couple of key pass interference penalties against Raider receivers today, and I'm wondering what the heck the refs were watching. On the second one, the defender was clearly the aggressor, pushing against the receiver repeatedly. Flag against the offense.

    And the play where Carr thought he had a free play and completed a long pass down the sidelines. What the heck was that? At worst, it should have been offsetting penalties because the Ravens were in the neutral zone. Instead, we had TWO PENALTIES and they weren't called for anything. What the hell?

    No, I'm not saying the Raiders lost because of the refs. The NFL has become so inconsistent with its calls that on any given Sunday you don't know if a flag will be thrown or not.

    The refs, who are supposed to protect QBs, clearly did not do that today -- at least with Carr.
    Last edited by raiderman41; 11-25-2018 at 02:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Yup, there are 31 teams in the NFL then there are the Raiders always has been and always will be.

  3. #3
    It will all change when we get to Vegas...Watch!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by IERaiderFan View Post
    Yup, there are 31 teams in the NFL then there are the Raiders always has been and always will be.
    Yup there are 31 team's fan base that all believe this statement is true about THEIR team.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRyb View Post
    Yup there are 31 team's fan base that all believe this statement is true about THEIR team.
    And don’t have CLOSE to the glaring examples week in and week out that we do...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    I have to say, I really don't know what the NFL rules are anymore.

    I watched Arden Key get flagged for touching a QB earlier in the season and I watched a Raider lineman flagged for roughing the passer by putting some (not all) of his body weight on a QB during a sack. Today, I watched Derek Carr get hit three or four times AFTER he had thrown the ball today and didn't see a flag. Not once. On one play in particular, it was like the NFL was calling the game "old school," where you didn't call roughing the passer even though the QB had gotten rid of the ball, but the player was within two steps and could still hit the QB.

    I watched a couple of key pass interference penalties against Raider receivers today, and I'm wondering what the heck the refs were watching. On the second one, the defender was clearly the aggressor, pushing against the receiver repeatedly. Flag against the offense.

    And the play where Carr thought he had a free play and completed a long pass down the sidelines. What the heck was that? At worst, it should have been offsetting penalties because the Ravens were in the neutral zone. Instead, we had TWO PENALTIES and they weren't called for anything. What the hell?

    No, I'm not saying the Raiders lost because of the refs. The NFL has become so inconsistent with its calls that on any given Sunday you don't know if a flag will be thrown or not.

    The refs, who are supposed to protect QBs, clearly did not do that today -- at least with Carr.
    The rules are just getting too complicated; but it way the NFL want to go

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •