Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kurt Warner comments on Carr

Kurt Warner comments on Carr

Kurt [email protected]
    Say what u want about @derekcarrqbís play this year - we all agree he isnít playing his best fball - but after watching SF tape, he had guy IN HIS FACE almost every throw...

The offense looks fine when Carr has protection, even with some of the worst weapons in the NFL.

So it begs the question, do we take a olineman with one of our 4 premium picks?
    Let’s say we take Bosa at #1, and with the Cowboys pick we take another big time player on D that slides to us.

With the Bears pick, do we grab that premium Olineman to raise the talent on the line?
    or
    Take a top WR here? What would help the O more?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    The offense looks fine when Carr has protection, even with some of the worst weapons in the NFL.

So it begs the question, do we take a olineman with one of our 4 premium picks?
    Letís say we take Bosa at #1, and with the Cowboys pick we take another big time player on D that slides to us.

With the Bears pick, do we grab that premium Olineman to raise the talent on the line?
    or
    Take a top WR here? What would help the O more?
    We need every position on the field..take your pick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pfish57 View Post
    We need every position on the field..take your pick!!!
    man i would trade down with dallas's pick if its a top 10 pick to get xtra picks,we need safety,mlb,rb,wr,de and oline if we had xtra 2nd and 3rd we fill all those position in the 1st 3 rds easily then add good free agents

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    man i would trade down with dallas's pick if its a top 10 pick to get xtra picks,we need safety,mlb,rb,wr,de and oline if we had xtra 2nd and 3rd we fill all those position in the 1st 3 rds easily then add good free agents
    I'd stay where they are and use the first round picks on best defensive player available. The Raiders should be able to fill some positions with that $90M+ in cap space.

I’ve been a BIG Carr supporter all the way. I still am. I love the guy. I think he’s got immense arm talent, and I give him ALL of the credit for the 12-4 season we had in ‘16. If Gruden will adapt his scheme and let him get into a no huddle, shotgun offense, he’ll be great again. He’s obviously not going anywhere until after next season, so maybe he’ll prove he’s the MAN going forward. He’s one of the last holdovers from the previous leadership, so maybe that hurts his chances, but these types of qbs don’t grow on trees

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    I'd stay where they are and use the first round picks on best defensive player available. The Raiders should be able to fill some positions with that $90M+ in cap space.
    I agree with both Bass and John.

Let’s say that Cowboys pick ends up at #7. After the season ends, combine, interviews etc we’ll have a pretty firm board at the top.
    If there is a ultra premium player that we have high high up on our board (like top 3) still there that we LOVE (let’s say a Q Williams, Devin White, Jonah Williams, Ed Oliver) and that player that we have rated top 3 drops to us?!? Let’s take him!!!

If those top few guys on our board are not there at #7 and the next group of 8 players are pretty closely graded, and we were fine with any of those guys? Then I’d be fine dropping down.

It’s all going to depend who drops to us with the Cowboys pick. Reggie McKenzie said it before last draft. “We’re going to let the draft board speak to us before making any decisions on picks and trades”

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    I give him ALL of the credit for the 12-4 season we had in ‘16.
    Most will pump up Carr for that season, and he should get a lot of the credit. But I think the success of that season was on the Oline. Giving Carr all day to throw, giving time for the plays to develop and WRs to complete their routes, and opening up big daddy holes for a top 5 rush offense.
    Carr didn’t blow people away in 2016 with his passing, we were only #13 in pass offense. What happened was Carr was not rushed into mistakes. So he had a great TD/INT ratio.

Only 8 other teams gave up fewer than 30 sacks in that season. Raiders lead the league in only giving up 18.

It starts and stops with the Oline. Let’s hope the Raiders keep this position a priority in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    I’ve been a BIG Carr supporter all the way. I still am. I love the guy. I think he’s got immense arm talent, and I give him ALL of the credit for the 12-4 season we had in ‘16. If Gruden will adapt his scheme and let him get into a no huddle, shotgun offense, he’ll be great again. He’s obviously not going anywhere until after next season, so maybe he’ll prove he’s the MAN going forward. He’s one of the last holdovers from the previous leadership, so maybe that hurts his chances, but these types of qbs don’t grow on trees
    And if they did trade Carr, who the hell do they replace him with? I don't see any great QBs in the draft.

I go to bed dreaming of Raiders drafting #1 with two teams that need a QB at #2 and #3. The Raiders can then swap picks for the team picking third for a 2020 1st rounder. Also in my dream: the number two pick gets word we are swapping and then offers us a 2020 first AND 2019 second!

I used to dream of girls and money. What have I become??