Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Stadium Progress

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I'm not sure we play the NFC East in 2020, but a Dallas match up in prime time would make a lot of sense. Most likely will end up being a division foe. Didn't Jerry oppose the Raiders move to Vegas?
    No Jerry didn't oppose the move to Vegas, he opposed the move to San Antonio, so Im sure he was a major player in the league accepting the Raiders going to Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    In 2020 our home opponents out of division are pretty average. Bills, Dolphin, Bucs & Saints (Brees still
    playing?)

Since we will have BOTH Bosa’s on our Dline we should open vs The Chargers. Ha
    Las Vegas lights!!! Hopefully it’s at night! Sunday or Monday night!
    We won’t have both Bosa’s you tripping dude. We better have Nick Bosa tho

Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    LOL
    are you joking ? I've lived in LA and OC all my life, we did not have a ton of rain last year. We've been in a major drought for almost a decade.

Maybe you should leave your basement once in a while:

https://la.curbed.com/2017/5/18/1565...-rams-chargers

"Rain delays aren’t just for football games, they’re also for football stadiums. The Rams announced today that the $2.6 billion stadium will open in time for the 2020 football season—almost a year later than originally scheduled.

Officials placed the blame on the heavy rains that fell during a period when “mass excavation” was scheduled to occur, CBS2 reports.

Wet soil meant that work couldn’t proceed on the 3-million-square-foot stadium, so the project’s construction team “experienced significant delays and lost the better part of two months from early January into the beginning of March,” the Rams said in a statement.

“It was a very unforgiving two months for the project. And speaking from a building perspective, it really couldn’t have come at a worse time,” Bob Aylesworth of stadium-builders Turner/AECOM Hunt told the Los Angeles Times."

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Maybe you should leave your basement once in a while:

https://la.curbed.com/2017/5/18/1565...-rams-chargers

"Rain delays aren’t just for football games, they’re also for football stadiums. The Rams announced today that the $2.6 billion stadium will open in time for the 2020 football season—almost a year later than originally scheduled.

Officials placed the blame on the heavy rains that fell during a period when “mass excavation” was scheduled to occur, CBS2 reports.

Wet soil meant that work couldn’t proceed on the 3-million-square-foot stadium, so the project’s construction team “experienced significant delays and lost the better part of two months from early January into the beginning of March,” the Rams said in a statement.

“It was a very unforgiving two months for the project. And speaking from a building perspective, it really couldn’t have come at a worse time,” Bob Aylesworth of stadium-builders Turner/AECOM Hunt told the Los Angeles Times."
    The key part of this article is "Officials placed the blame on the heavy rains" .. relatively speaking when compared to projects in other parts of the world, the rain that we received here in Southern California was minuscule. The Rams stadium project has been poorly planned and to make matters worse, they grossly understated the overall cost of the project. The poor planning coupled with lag time for additional funding has much more to do with the delay than the rain. "Officials" are just politicians at the end of the day, and as we all know by now, politicians will always find an excuse that's easiest to sell to the population.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    LOL
    are you joking ? I've lived in LA and OC all my life, we did not have a ton of rain last year. We've been in a major drought for almost a decade.
    Los Angeles county as been in a drought since 1983. Currently, Los Angeles is the second driest city in California, only Riverside is number one.

Riverside is dryer than a Popcorn Fart.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    The key part of this article is "Officials placed the blame on the heavy rains" .. relatively speaking when compared to projects in other parts of the world, the rain that we received here in Southern California was minuscule. The Rams stadium project has been poorly planned and to make matters worse, they grossly understated the overall cost of the project. The poor planning coupled with lag time for additional funding has much more to do with the delay than the rain.
    Please post sources

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    The key part of this article is "Officials placed the blame on the heavy rains" .. relatively speaking when compared to projects in other parts of the world, the rain that we received here in Southern California was minuscule. The Rams stadium project has been poorly planned and to make matters worse, they grossly understated the overall cost of the project. The poor planning coupled with lag time for additional funding has much more to do with the delay than the rain. "Officials" are just politicians at the end of the day, and as we all know by now, politicians will always find an excuse that's easiest to sell to the population.
    I don't know how it was planned but you are right. In So Cal, one day of light rain can delay projects for weels. Not because of the rain itself, but because of Union and insurance laws. God help it is someone actually slips on water. This is California. Your kids can go to a park and accidentally prick themselves with a HIV needle from the massive homeless there, but hell to companies that make them work when there is light rain for a half hour.
    Las Vegas has the least rain fall in the country per annum.

Quote Originally Posted by G-MoNeY View Post
    We won’t have both Bosa’s you tripping dude. We better have Nick Bosa tho
    Which is a fine opinion, my question is why.
    I’ve given multiple reasons why he would want to be out of the high tax, LOW fan interest that is the Chargers to play with his brother, my question is why would he stay in 2020? The only real reason I see is if he’s forced to stay with a Tag

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Please post sources
    Really?

Budget increased from $2.6 billion to nearly $5 billion. You don't get approval for a 100% budget increase overnight.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/2...t-5-billion-3/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincent.../#185c183913b2

Rainfall

California is 40th in the country in terms of precipitation. In 2017 downtown Los Angeles received 4 inches of additional rainfall above the yearly average for downtown Los Angeles. You mean to tell me, that half an inch of additional rain per week set back construction by months? And does that amount of time lost really reflect how delayed this project is in its entirety? No, and No. Who would actually be foolish enough to take officials/politicians at their word? Their job is to come up with the most believable lie, and that's applicable to businesses/organizations and just about any government in the world.

https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...cipitation.php

Rainfall by year from 2010-2017

This table gives the total precipitation that fell on Los Angeles during each year from 2010. The number of days with precipitation counts the days when rainfall amounted to 0.01 inches (0.254 millimeters) or more.

Total rainfall in Los Angeles
    Days Year Inches Milli*metres
    35 2017 13.3 337
    21 2016 11.8 300
    14 2015 7.7 195
    15 2014 9.8 248
    9 2013 3.6 92
    18 2012 8.2 208
    24 2011 12.3 312
    33 2010 23.1 587

Reference
    Jay Lawrimore. 2016. Global Summary of the Year, Version 1.0. NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information.
    Last edited by DoctorRaider; 11-11-2018 at 12:36 PM.