Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Stadium Progress

Las Vegas Stadium Progress

For those that have not seen the progress of the Las Vegas Stadium the future home of the Raiders.

As of 11/08/2018 the steel structure has been going up at a very good clip.
    The second mezzanine is almost complete with about 4 to 8 pours left on the south end of the stadium where the field tray goes in and out. The north end is taking shape with the hole for the Al Davis memorial flame is located and also you can start to see how massive the opening for the doors will be. The first 4 elevator/stairwells are almost complete 4 more to go.

There is a lot of work going unseen in the lower level of the stadium out of the sight of the cameras. Electricians and Pipe Fitters are work in that area.

LV Stadium Events Company, LLC_11_08_2018_10_57_39_AM.jpg

The Ram/Charger stadium construction in LA looks well ahead of the Vegas stadium. I hope it's ready for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The Ram/Charger stadium construction in LA looks well ahead of the Vegas stadium. I hope it's ready for 2020.
    They better be ahead. Doesn’t the Rams stadium also have a city and shopping center attached? Concert hall for drafts, future NFL headquarters building etc etc?
    It’s not just a stadium right? But a master planned community and entertainment park.

The Rams/Chargers stadium was actually delayed a year due to a ton of rain LA received last year. I haven't heard if they made up that time yet or not. And, they started construction before the Vegas stadium so they should be well ahead but the Raiders stadium may be completed before the LA one.

I'll throw out this silly question, who would you like the Raiders to play in their official Vegas opener. Not preseason. Also should it be a primetime game or regular Sunday. What NFC Division do we play in 2020?
    Last edited by rabidraider; 11-08-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I'll throw out this silly question, who would you like the Raiders to play in their official Vegas opener. Not preseason. Also should it be a primetime game or regular Sunday. What NFC Division do we play in 2020?
    In 2020 our home opponents out of division are pretty average. Bills, Dolphin, Bucs & Saints (Brees still
    playing?)

Since we will have BOTH Bosa’s on our Dline we should open vs The Chargers. Ha
    Las Vegas lights!!! Hopefully it’s at night! Sunday or Monday night!
    Last edited by Pitzrrr; 11-08-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    How about the Cowboys or Bears so they can see the players we got from their picks.

How about the Cowboys or Bears so they can see the players we got from their picks.
    We play the Bears next year at “home”
    Wish it was in 2020 so they can talk about the full allotment of picks/players compared to Mack.

I'm not sure we play the NFC East in 2020, but a Dallas match up in prime time would make a lot of sense. Most likely will end up being a division foe. Didn't Jerry oppose the Raiders move to Vegas?

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    The Rams/Chargers stadium was actually delayed a year due to a ton of rain LA received last year..
    LOL
    are you joking ? I've lived in LA and OC all my life, we did not have a ton of rain last year. We've been in a major drought for almost a decade.