Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Stadium Progress

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Las Vegas Stadium Progress

For those that have not seen the progress of the Las Vegas Stadium the future home of the Raiders.

As of 11/08/2018 the steel structure has been going up at a very good clip.
    The second mezzanine is almost complete with about 4 to 8 pours left on the south end of the stadium where the field tray goes in and out. The north end is taking shape with the hole for the Al Davis memorial flame is located and also you can start to see how massive the opening for the doors will be. The first 4 elevator/stairwells are almost complete 4 more to go.

There is a lot of work going unseen in the lower level of the stadium out of the sight of the cameras. Electricians and Pipe Fitters are work in that area.

LV Stadium Events Company, LLC_11_08_2018_10_57_39_AM.jpg

The Ram/Charger stadium construction in LA looks well ahead of the Vegas stadium. I hope it's ready for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The Ram/Charger stadium construction in LA looks well ahead of the Vegas stadium. I hope it's ready for 2020.
    They better be ahead. Doesn’t the Rams stadium also have a city and shopping center attached? Concert hall for drafts, future NFL headquarters building etc etc?
    It’s not just a stadium right? But a master planned community and entertainment park.

The Rams/Chargers stadium was actually delayed a year due to a ton of rain LA received last year. I haven't heard if they made up that time yet or not. And, they started construction before the Vegas stadium so they should be well ahead but the Raiders stadium may be completed before the LA one.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    The Rams/Chargers stadium was actually delayed a year due to a ton of rain LA received last year..
    LOL
    are you joking ? I've lived in LA and OC all my life, we did not have a ton of rain last year. We've been in a major drought for almost a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    LOL
    are you joking ? I've lived in LA and OC all my life, we did not have a ton of rain last year. We've been in a major drought for almost a decade.

Maybe you should leave your basement once in a while:

https://la.curbed.com/2017/5/18/1565...-rams-chargers

"Rain delays aren’t just for football games, they’re also for football stadiums. The Rams announced today that the $2.6 billion stadium will open in time for the 2020 football season—almost a year later than originally scheduled.

Officials placed the blame on the heavy rains that fell during a period when “mass excavation” was scheduled to occur, CBS2 reports.

Wet soil meant that work couldn’t proceed on the 3-million-square-foot stadium, so the project’s construction team “experienced significant delays and lost the better part of two months from early January into the beginning of March,” the Rams said in a statement.

“It was a very unforgiving two months for the project. And speaking from a building perspective, it really couldn’t have come at a worse time,” Bob Aylesworth of stadium-builders Turner/AECOM Hunt told the Los Angeles Times."

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Maybe you should leave your basement once in a while:

https://la.curbed.com/2017/5/18/1565...-rams-chargers

"Rain delays aren’t just for football games, they’re also for football stadiums. The Rams announced today that the $2.6 billion stadium will open in time for the 2020 football season—almost a year later than originally scheduled.

Officials placed the blame on the heavy rains that fell during a period when “mass excavation” was scheduled to occur, CBS2 reports.

Wet soil meant that work couldn’t proceed on the 3-million-square-foot stadium, so the project’s construction team “experienced significant delays and lost the better part of two months from early January into the beginning of March,” the Rams said in a statement.

“It was a very unforgiving two months for the project. And speaking from a building perspective, it really couldn’t have come at a worse time,” Bob Aylesworth of stadium-builders Turner/AECOM Hunt told the Los Angeles Times."
    The key part of this article is "Officials placed the blame on the heavy rains" .. relatively speaking when compared to projects in other parts of the world, the rain that we received here in Southern California was minuscule. The Rams stadium project has been poorly planned and to make matters worse, they grossly understated the overall cost of the project. The poor planning coupled with lag time for additional funding has much more to do with the delay than the rain. "Officials" are just politicians at the end of the day, and as we all know by now, politicians will always find an excuse that's easiest to sell to the population.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    The key part of this article is "Officials placed the blame on the heavy rains" .. relatively speaking when compared to projects in other parts of the world, the rain that we received here in Southern California was minuscule. The Rams stadium project has been poorly planned and to make matters worse, they grossly understated the overall cost of the project. The poor planning coupled with lag time for additional funding has much more to do with the delay than the rain.
    Please post sources

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    The key part of this article is "Officials placed the blame on the heavy rains" .. relatively speaking when compared to projects in other parts of the world, the rain that we received here in Southern California was minuscule. The Rams stadium project has been poorly planned and to make matters worse, they grossly understated the overall cost of the project. The poor planning coupled with lag time for additional funding has much more to do with the delay than the rain. "Officials" are just politicians at the end of the day, and as we all know by now, politicians will always find an excuse that's easiest to sell to the population.
    I don't know how it was planned but you are right. In So Cal, one day of light rain can delay projects for weels. Not because of the rain itself, but because of Union and insurance laws. God help it is someone actually slips on water. This is California. Your kids can go to a park and accidentally prick themselves with a HIV needle from the massive homeless there, but hell to companies that make them work when there is light rain for a half hour.
    Las Vegas has the least rain fall in the country per annum.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    LOL
    Los Angeles county as been in a drought since 1983. Currently, Los Angeles is the second driest city in California, only Riverside is number one.