Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'I'd rather be the Raiders'

'I'd rather be the Raiders'

Absolutely spot on commentary! Who was it that said the Cowboys were light years ahead of us?

And no I am not Doug Gottlieb, but two great minds think alike!

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, and Chucky I trust!

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post

Absolutely spot on commentary! Who was it that said the Cowboys were light years ahead of us?

And no I am not Doug Gottlieb, but two great minds think alike!

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, and Chucky I trust!
    Interesting commentary. Great post!

Considering Gottlieb is a College basketball guy...FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    Considering Gottlieb is a College basketball guy...FFS
    Yep, I used to listen to his radio show on CBS Sports Radio on my commute to work and he was awful.

not a fan of his but his take is spot on "i'd rather be in the raiders shoes over the cowpokes"

It’s a basic question of do you want to sit in purgatory? Sign Mack, Cooper etc and fight for 7 wins every year?
    Or do we blow it up and rebuild for a real SB contending nucleus?

Most coaches would put bandaids on it for short term success so they could keep their jobs.
    Gruden has security and is not satisfied with mediocrity, like a lot of Raider fans were ok with.
    So he’s got the time to REALLY blow it up and start fresh.
    I want a yearly contender! If this is the best chance to get it, then let’s do it! At least we have an actual plan! Unlike previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    It’s a basic question of do you want to sit in purgatory? Sign Mack, Cooper etc and fight for 7 wins every year?
    Or do we blow it up and rebuild for a real SB contending nucleus?

Most coaches would put bandaids on it for short term success so they could keep their jobs.
    Gruden has security and is not satisfied with mediocrity, like a lot of Raider fans were ok with.
    So he’s got the time to REALLY blow it up and start fresh.
    I want a yearly contender! If this is the best chance to get it, then let’s do it! At least we have an actual plan! Unlike previous years.
    Most owners won't even stick with a GM more then 5 years of sucking.....2-3 year windows on coaches.

Eat crow this year, maybe next, line up the draft picks solidify the foundation and win for a good handful of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post

Eat crow this year, maybe next, line up the draft picks solidify the foundation and win for a good handful of years.
    Speaking of foundation. Seems like the Raiders and the new stadium are on the same course.
    2018 Blow shit up and lay the foundation
    2019 Pieces are coming together though it’s not a finished product.
    2020 The big unveiling. Now we see the product, it’s a new era!

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Speaking of foundation. Seems like the Raiders and the new stadium are on the same course.
    2018 Blow shit up and lay the foundation
    2019 Pieces are coming together though it’s not a finished product.
    2020 The big unveiling. Now we see the product, it’s a new era!
    sounds good to me

Sooo... will the Raiders finally go with an all black uniform when they move to Vegas?
    Yes i get some say "why mess with perfection?" And I partially agree. But the Raiders with a move to Vegas are looking to somewhat rebrand themselves. I would love to see the all black unis with all black helmet in Vegas. Also would like to see them move to Vegas for 2019 so FAs can benefit from the no state income tax, which will attract more FAs and FAs at a more competitive contract, whereas the Raiders had to usually offer higher contracts, in order to offset the tax burden in CALI