Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Studying Coopers struggles

PS, Bring back stick um.

Quote Originally Posted by Raideriam View Post
    That is fair and a good point, but a NFL receiver that is a number 1 pick should not be dropping balls like its full of cactus needles.
    Agree, I was very tired of the cooper drops. Hope he does well in the future. Onward Raiders...

Cooper did have one game this season where he caught the ball every time he was targeted. I think the Raiders would have kept him if not for his' agent and the very real possibility of a holdout and high salary demand. That problem now belongs to the Cowboys.

Its as much about the contract as it is the production. I mean if he wasnt dropping balls, if he wasnt disapearing 2 out of 3 games, I dont think the Raiders would have a problem making him one of the highest paid receivers. But you cant go there with a player that is so inconsistent.

Would have been another holdout that is 1000% clear in my mind as the team doesnt view Cooper as one of the best WR in the league and for sure the agent would have come under the young rising star angle. Never would have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Raideriam View Post
    Who you mad at Raw, I know I'm not going to miss saying,Dammit Coop, or fucking coop! another dropped pass. The redskins game last year. Everyone talks about the sitting and yes that was a part of it, but I remember a third down when we needed it and guess what happened...Cooper dropped it.
    I don't hate anyone and I didn't make the video. I just like watching this guy discuss game tape. It was thought provoking in that in Coopers first 2 seasons, he didn't have the drop problem and he and Carr made it to the pro bowl. Once Carr went down hill, so did Cooper's production. Many routes he runs he backs off of because he knows he's not getting the ball. And once Carr finally throws it to him, his head is not really in the game. Crabtree is having drop issues in Baltimore but the same thing was with him with the Raiders. Once Carr started playing differently, he started dropping balls.

During this disaster year, Carr is still having career bests in Comp % & Yards per game. Excited to see what he will do in his first real offseason with Gruden & his 2nd year in the same offense. (Plus I’m guessing an upgraded WR core)

Let the guy have a 2nd year under the same play caller and see what happens. He’s a MVP type QB when that happens

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    During this disaster year, Carr is still having career bests in Comp % & Yards per game. Excited to see what he will do in his first real offseason with Gruden & his 2nd year in the same offense. (Plus I’m guessing an upgraded WR core)

Let the guy have a 2nd year under the same play caller and see what happens. He’s a MVP type QB when that happens
    Yeah, but he's 16th in the league in passing yards so time to anoint him king of the hill.
    2014 - 19th
    2015 -13th
    2016 - 14th
    2017 - 14th
    2018 - 16th
    Even lower when you look at long passes.
    So almost very average.
    Completion %
    2018 - 11th
    2017 - 14th
    2016 - 14th
    2015 - 13th
    2014 - 19th
    Completion % goes up when you check it down half the plays and can't find wide open receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post

Cmon lets face it. Carr had absolutely NO pocket presence and cant make shit happen when the play collapses. The great ones do.. it happens to a lot of talented QBs.. they get injured, have mental issues, hear footsteps and are never quite the same after serious injury. Carr is fairly athletic but seems to not have the "magic" that SB QBs have. Even Eli had it, despite his limitations. You make things happen when the team needs it most. Who knows what Carr couldve been after our magical 12-4 season in 2016 had he not been seriously hurt. But his confidence and magic went out the door after that dreadful Christmas Eve nightmare injury and the rest has been history. Sorry but I dont see him ever getting that back. Wish I was wrong but the outcomes in the last two years are all the proof needed.