Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Again, now watch for Cooper's next contract

Again, now watch for Cooper's next contract

Good day to you Nation! I brought up a week ago that if Brandin Cooks is worth a first rounder and 80 million, Amari Cooper is worth the first round pick and money similar to what Cooks got. Many here scoffed at my opinion.

A week later as we all know, Cooper indeed landed us a first round pick. Now I again say to you, watch the contract to follow. Here's an article that suggests by 2020, Cooper could be making 20 million per year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-the-cowboys/

A couple of things here. If Amari Cooper can't play, like many here have said he can't, Dallas would not have traded a first round pick for him. Secondly, he would not be getting the contract that he is most likely going to get in the next year or so as well.

I love Amari Cooper. He was a breathe of fresh air as he was a non-diva. He's the anti OBJ and Dez Bryant. He kept to himself and went about his business. He's a damn good receiver in my book. Injuries and change of systems certainly impacted his production.

With that said, to get a first round pick for him and to not have to pay him 20 million per season, is again a home run trade made by Reggie and Gruden!

The value of first round picks these days are at an all time high. Not only with the cheap salaries attached for the first 5 years of the players career, but come draft day, you can move pics for yet even more draft picks.

Having three first rounders next year, you would have to think we will be up and down the board as we were last year getting the players who we desired. Now as Adam Shefter has stated, with our fire power going into next years draft, we hold all the cards and control the draft!

Exiting times Nation! There's a reason I say trust Mark, Reggie, and Chucky after every post. You are now seeing this trust that will turn us into a dynasty!

So again, to those who said we wouldn't get a first round pick for Cooper and also said Cooper wouldn't get paid. Sit back and watch the latter of the two happen now that you've watched the first part go down, and you will feel much better about this trade in the future. How many good football players can you sign with 20 million dollars?

Be good and trust me Nation! I would not steer you wrong!

Go Raiders, and in Reggie, Mark, and Chucky I trust!

It was a great trade. Coop is a great teammate but was not consistent enough for us to pay him what he would want next year.

Dallas might want to give him a new contract to get the 13.9 cap number down for 2019....but it's probably going to be much less then what his agent wanted.(3-32) I think he will play it out, hope they won't tag him and be a free agent in spring of 2020.

glad peekaboo cooper is off our team,i know some on these boards wanted to pay him 13.9 million to put up wr3 type numbers back to back yr which is asinine cause cooper just ain't that good from what ive seen of him for 4 yrs

Cooper just doesn't love the game. Hence the inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    Good day to you Nation! I brought up a week ago that if Brandin Cooks is worth a first rounder and 80 million, Amari Cooper is worth the first round pick and money similar to what Cooks got. Many here scoffed at my opinion.

A week later as we all know, Cooper indeed landed us a first round pick. Now I again say to you, watch the contract to follow. Here's an article that suggests by 2020, Cooper could be making 20 million per year.

A couple of things here. If Amari Cooper can't play, like many here have said he can't, Dallas would not have traded a first round pick for him. Secondly, he would not be getting the contract that he is most likely going to get in the next year or so as well.

I love Amari Cooper. He was a breathe of fresh air as he was a non-diva. He's the anti OBJ and Dez Bryant. He kept to himself and went about his business. He's a damn good receiver in my book. Injuries and change of systems certainly impacted his production.

With that said, to get a first round pick for him and to not have to pay him 20 million per season, is again a home run trade made by Reggie and Gruden!

The value of first round picks these days are at an all time high. Not only with the cheap salaries attached for the first 5 years of the players career, but come draft day, you can move pics for yet even more draft picks.

Having three first rounders next year, you would have to think we will be up and down the board as we were last year getting the players who we desired. Now as Adam Shefter has stated, with our fire power going into next years draft, we hold all the cards and control the draft!

Exiting times Nation! There's a reason I say trust Mark, Reggie, and Chucky after every post. You are now seeing this trust that will turn us into a dynasty!

So again, to those who said we wouldn't get a first round pick for Cooper and also said Cooper wouldn't get paid. Sit back and watch the latter of the two happen now that you've watched the first part go down, and you will feel much better about this trade in the future. How many good football players can you sign with 20 million dollars?

I don't think anyone is saying Cooper can't play or denying his talent. I think that he wasn't going to produce here. Why that is, who knows. It could be injuries, it could be new system, or it could be he bulked up too much, or Carr just stopped targeting him. Could be any of those reasons or something else. But he wasn't going to produce here. And we weren't going to pay him and wait for him to produce.

So there actually was no choice. We weren't keeping him because we couldn't figure out a way to get production out of him like his first 2 years in the league. But, that doesn't mean another team can't get the production out of him. They very well might be able to. But, they'll have to bear the risk.

Nothing is more infuriating than waiting on a player to tap into his potential. You just don't know when to be patient and when to cut bait. Cooper's expiring rookie contract made the decision for us.
    Last edited by Raidermackin; 10-24-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Maybe Cooper is just another Alabama player to not live up to NFL expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Pawneee View Post
    Maybe Cooper is just another Alabama player to not live up to NFL expectations
    Which is why I wanted Williams instead

Another draft pick the draftniks proclaimed a home run, slam dunk, can't miss, no brainer that ultimately failed.
    With dak going through an apparent midlife crisis it might not be the best move for amari, financially however he has jerry cornered, has he really given a first round draft pick up for a rental or will jerry pay him?

Long term however, this agent, do we avoid his players or get him onside somehow? If we can't do business with him do we miss out in free agency and drafts? Does he have a great pool of talent I think is what im asking.

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post

We got a #1 from a team that has an owner that wants to win NOW and can't afford to wait. Similar to what Al was doing, Jerry Jones overpaid for a good receiver, certainly not an elite receiver, he just isn't consistent enough.

Go out and buy yourself a steak dinner and a beer, you deserve it.