Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Again, now watch for Cooper's next contract

I have no problem with that trade for Cooper no matter what he does in Dallas. The Mack trade, well, I get it, but it's just a personal opinion that I will never like it.

we mustve pissed that agent off rotten, we're screwed longrun if draftees hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    its typical of peekaboo cooper to blowup once every 6 games and play like shit for 6-8 games a season,what a waste of talent and now his agent will want 20 million a yr ...good riddance !!!
    That's him in a nutshell!

Cooper was a big Disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    Good day to you Nation! I brought up a week ago that if Brandin Cooks is worth a first rounder and 80 million, Amari Cooper is worth the first round pick and money similar to what Cooks got. Many here scoffed at my opinion.

A week later as we all know, Cooper indeed landed us a first round pick. Now I again say to you, watch the contract to follow. Here's an article that suggests by 2020, Cooper could be making 20 million per year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-the-cowboys/

A couple of things here. If Amari Cooper can't play, like many here have said he can't, Dallas would not have traded a first round pick for him. Secondly, he would not be getting the contract that he is most likely going to get in the next year or so as well.

I love Amari Cooper. He was a breathe of fresh air as he was a non-diva. He's the anti OBJ and Dez Bryant. He kept to himself and went about his business. He's a damn good receiver in my book. Injuries and change of systems certainly impacted his production.

With that said, to get a first round pick for him and to not have to pay him 20 million per season, is again a home run trade made by Reggie and Gruden!

The value of first round picks these days are at an all time high. Not only with the cheap salaries attached for the first 5 years of the players career, but come draft day, you can move pics for yet even more draft picks.

Having three first rounders next year, you would have to think we will be up and down the board as we were last year getting the players who we desired. Now as Adam Shefter has stated, with our fire power going into next years draft, we hold all the cards and control the draft!

Exiting times Nation! There's a reason I say trust Mark, Reggie, and Chucky after every post. You are now seeing this trust that will turn us into a dynasty!

So again, to those who said we wouldn't get a first round pick for Cooper and also said Cooper wouldn't get paid. Sit back and watch the latter of the two happen now that you've watched the first part go down, and you will feel much better about this trade in the future. How many good football players can you sign with 20 million dollars?

Be good and trust me Nation! I would not steer you wrong!

Go Raiders, and in Reggie, Mark, and Chucky I trust!
    UPDATE

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-do-a-deal/

was the cooper trade the best all time trade this franchise has ever pulled the trigger on?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewevenstar View Post
    was the cooper trade the best all time trade this franchise has ever pulled the trigger on?
    no,getting A.B for a 3rd and 5th rd pick best trade ever

Quote Originally Posted by andrewevenstar View Post
    Willie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Willie Brown
    Good one. Lots of Raider fans don't know Willie was a mule.

Ted Hendricks, Mike Haynes, trades were excellent too.

If Jerry Jones knew he could of got AB for a 3rd and a 5th he would of been all over it. He got fleeced by Oakland....