Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carr trade scenarios

Carr trade scenarios

As all Raider fans can see, this team is in a total rebuild. You cannot build a team with a high salaried players without young talent on rookie contracts. Having mediocre high priced players isn't the way to build a team. Mack was the most tradable commodity and he was shown the door. It had to be done. You cannot have a QB and a defensive player making up 30-35% of the salary cap on a team that isn't a playoff team. So what are the trade values of players on this roster. If Carr isn't the QB of the future, I don't think that he is, reason being he turns the ball over to much, scared in the pocket, makes bad decision. He had one very good year and looked like he was going to take the next step into elite QB's in this league. Whether it was a fluke, injuries, coaching, he has taken many steps back to being an average QB. What is his worth? And what is a team willing to deal for him. The teams that can be in the market for a QB. The Giants- This maybe El's last year and may want a veteran QB. Cowboys have to watch Das Prescott and know that he is terrible. Therefore the Boys always think they are a playoff team and may prefer Carr to Prescott. The Dolphins, if they don't believe in Tanneyhill. And the last team. The Patriots, if Belicheck believes in Carr. Tom Brady can't play forever and that would be a deal made around draft time if Brady retires. Thats pretty much it. Of course Tampa and Titans both I think both will resign the QB's they have. The Giants won't give up a top 5 pick for Carr. So I think they are out. IF the Dolphins make the playoffs it will be tough to run off Tanneyhill. So that leaves the Patriots and Cowboys. I really like the Cowboy idea. They cannot be stupid enough to gave Das Prescott a 25 million a year contract. Are they willing to give up a first rounder? I think so, the have a solid defense, the can go out and get a WR in free agency. I think Gruden would be willing to deal Carr for the right price and draft a QB, he has time. Signing a free agent QB isn't smart and he knows it. He would have the same problem the Raiders have now. An average QB making a ton money.

Trading Carr would be devastating for the move to Vegas. I don’t see it happening. Do people realize Gannon was a fairly average QB his first year with Gruden (59% comp, 24Td/14ints). Maybe we should’ve traded him after his first year too.

Let see what Carr does at the end of the season first; Raiders might go 1-9, and then end up 6-10 at the end of season...

I think we have so many holes already, we can’t add QB at this point. Carr’s making elite money but we’ve already paid out most of it. Carr’s making some bone head plays but the online and defense aren’t even close to holding there own. We shall see, they need to figure something out.

Carr isn't going anywhere and gruden isn't going anywhere, We all just need to chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Raideriam View Post
    Carr isn't going anywhere and gruden isn't going anywhere, We all just need to chill.
    agree,the team is in rebuild cause its has a roster full of shit talent and a few good pieces,the cap space and free angency will fill the roster with top talent and the draft will add at least 5 more starters this yr,then vegas yr we dominate

Quote Originally Posted by AFRaider81 View Post
    I think we have so many holes already, we can’t add QB at this point. Carr’s making elite money but we’ve already paid out most of it. Carr’s making some bone head plays but the online and defense aren’t even close to holding there own. We shall see, they need to figure something out.
    If they can keep the opposing team from scoring so much in the second half and give the QB better protection, things will improve. A new QB is not going to do well with the current roster. I'd much rather see the Raiders draft a pass rusher instead of a QB.

Carr is an 100% franchise quarterback.
    end of discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    If they can keep the opposing team from scoring so much in the second half and give the QB better protection, things will improve. A new QB is not going to do well with the current roster. I'd much rather see the Raiders draft a pass rusher instead of a QB.
    Highest sack rate of his career through 5 games is 5.2%, no shocker that the best rate of 2.8% happened in 2016. Bottomline, OLine needs to play better. You go as far as your lines take you, OLine and DLine.

I'm not high on Carr; but we can't trade him rn; if he sucks the entire season; maybe we can pick something up for him during draft; but I doubt teams will bite. w/ the contract he's got.
    He's our guy for the foreseeable future; we can only hope he performs better, along with the O-line.