Thread: Can Gruden and another GM turn this around.

Can Gruden and another GM turn this around.

I really hate seeing draft pick after draft pick bust. Does Gruden run the whole organization or rely on pro-personal he has. I keep thinking of Scot McCloughan, he won in Green Bay,Seattle, San Francisco and Washington. Scot even assisted Cleveland with their draft and picked Baker Mayfield. The San Diego game was just awful no heart at all. So would be your new GM?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanez8898 View Post
    I really hate seeing draft pick after draft pick bust. Does Gruden run the whole organization or rely on pro-personal he has. I keep thinking of Scot McCloughan, he won in Green Bay,Seattle, San Francisco and Washington. Scot even assisted Cleveland with their draft and picked Baker Mayfield. The San Diego game was just awful no heart at all. So would be your new GM?
    If Gruden brings his buddy Bruce Allen back we are fucked. Gruden does have a new guy he hired to help him with draft analysis, and it was reported that Gruden currently has his own little group for draft/player analysis that is separate then the regular scouts working with Reggie. So I'll assume Reggie and those other scouts will all be gone after this year and new scouts brought in.

I would prefer Scot McClougan because he could really be an asset in drafting and maybe a job with the Raiders would be less stressfull because Gruden handles alot of the GM responsibilities so maybe Scot would be able to handle his alcohol addiction if he's only dealing with limited GM duties shared with Gruden. But i have no idea if Gruden is friends or knows Scot McClougan, and we all know Gruden hires and leans on people he knows and worked with in the past, so that is a big if. Bruce Allen sucks and will be a detriment to our franchise if Gruden hires him... that will be a very uninspiring hire, and that is what i fear most... if Bruce is hired, i will pay a lot less attention to football and the raiders in general for a few years until it all comes crashing down, and we start over with a new GM and Head Coach.

if i did hire Scot McClougan i would make sure his Drafting/scouting advisory company is put in check some how thorugh his contract that his company isn't advising other teams in the league to pick the same players that Scot should be putting on the Raiders team.
    Im assuming he has himself and other good scouts advising for his company, if he's our GM you can't have him and or his scouts in his company having conflict of interest... Would he make more money as a GM or what he gets for advising other teams in the draft ? I don't know the answer to that.

Honestly I believe that is what he is doing. I hate that it feels like we are tanking and that Carr is absolute trash but Gruden has 9 years. I fully believe he came here and looked at the depth of our roster and basically said half these people can't even start and got rid of them for a 'transition' year crop of old vets and free agents.

Honestly Reggie should have been fired - I don't believe this is a Gruden ego things - honestly how many round 1 - round 3 picks have we had that we cut after 1-2 years. we have ZERO depth for every position. Sure he hit on Mack and maybe Carr but honestly 2 out of what seems like 100 picks and the rest are all garbage or can't even start. I believe Gruden is cleaning the roster up to Reggie can be gone next.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    If Gruden brings his buddy Bruce Allen back we are fucked. Gruden does have a new guy he hired to help him with draft analysis, and it was reported that Gruden currently has his own little group for draft/player analysis that is separate then the regular scouts working with Reggie. So I'll assume Reggie and those other scouts will all be gone after this year and new scouts brought in.

I would prefer Scot McClougan because he could really be an asset in drafting and maybe a job with the Raiders would be less stressfull because Gruden handles alot of the GM responsibilities so maybe Scot would be able to handle his alcohol addiction if he's only dealing with limited GM duties shared with Gruden. But i have no idea if Gruden is friends or knows Scot McClougan, and we all know Gruden hires and leans on people he knows and worked with in the past, so that is a big if. Bruce Allen sucks and will be a detriment to our franchise if Gruden hires him... that will be a very uninspiring hire, and that is what i fear most... if Bruce is hired, i will pay a lot less attention to football and the raiders in general for a few years until it all comes crashing down, and we start over with a new GM and Head Coach.

if i did hire Scot McClougan i would make sure his Drafting/scouting advisory company is put in check some how thorugh his contract that his company isn't advising other teams in the league to pick the same players that Scot should be putting on the Raiders team.
    Im assuming he has himself and other good scouts advising for his company, if he's our GM you can't have him and or his scouts in his company having conflict of interest... Would he make more money as a GM or what he gets for advising other teams in the draft ? I don't know the answer to that.

We can’t have Bruce Allen and I agree we are screwed if he comes aboard. I believe Scot and Gruden were in Green Bay when they both started. We need the best talent evaluator In the business and you can’t argue with Scot’s track record. It is obvious that there is a ton of work to do. I wish I knew what the feeling is with in the organization if pro-personal and Coaches are not getting along and they don’t trust each other this season is over and a cleaning of the house is next and it might be 2 or three years before we see a significant improvement. I keep thinking about Gruden Praising Jeff George and then her comes Rich Gannon. I love Carr and he can make all the throws a NFL QB needs to make the only thing I’m questioning now is DC’s mental toughness and his will to win I want to see the QB before he got hurt by Indianapolis.

what is it, seventeen years since we were reliably good?
    that means people under the age of around 25 don't know what a good raider team is.
    can the team be turned around? yeah, sure but does anybody actually expect it to happen.
    face it were just masochists who rather than pay madame whip to peg us, we watch a sports team get beaten on sixteen sundays of the year.

i do like the idea of scot mccloughan, lets move a drunk out to vegas, yeah what could go wrong there?

The one thing I'm allowing Gruden some leeway is his scouting, we saw the garbage he dug up in TB. His MNF gig with ESPN was what got headlines, but his work with the draft coverage with ESPN is something I am hoping he learned from the most. Those guys had to come up with one liners on hundreds of players for the draft....each draft he's worked on, so he's seen volumes and volumes of prospect tape...I'm just hoping, up coming free agency/drafts will reflect that....a diamond in the rough here, why putting money in Trumaine Johnson over Lamarcus Joyner is the way to go....those are things he never had a chance to do in his development stages prior to the Raiders. It was always about focusing on the field, the X's and O's and getting promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieinblack View Post
    what is it, seventeen years since we were reliably good?
    that means people under the age of around 25 don't know what a good raider team is.
    can the team be turned around? yeah, sure but does anybody actually expect it to happen.
    face it were just masochists who rather than pay madame whip to peg us, we watch a sports team get beaten on sixteen sundays of the year.

i do like the idea of scot mccloughan, lets move a drunk out to vegas, yeah what could go wrong there?

I don’t think anything could go wrong actually. Scot drinks and WINS maybe that’s the Raider way! Or do we just stay the course and suck for another 12 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanez8898 View Post
    We can’t have Bruce Allen and I agree we are screwed if he comes aboard. I believe Scot and Gruden were in Green Bay when they both started. We need the best talent evaluator In the business and you can’t argue with Scot’s track record. It is obvious that there is a ton of work to do. I wish I knew what the feeling is with in the organization if pro-personal and Coaches are not getting along and they don’t trust each other this season is over and a cleaning of the house is next and it might be 2 or three years before we see a significant improvement. I keep thinking about Gruden Praising Jeff George and then her comes Rich Gannon. I love Carr and he can make all the throws a NFL QB needs to make the only thing I’m questioning now is DC’s mental toughness and his will to win I want to see the QB before he got hurt by Indianapolis.

I think the Raiders will hire a younger GM. Gruden knows the old school way of thinking, isn't the way of the future. Sure he wants old school football players. But he is into the data more then he was 20 years ago.